Stove fire damages home

SALEM- The Salem Fire Department Wednesday night responded to a reported gas explosion at a Whinnery Road home.

Firefighters responded to 1715 Whinnery Road, owned by Dorothy Mussler, and found a stove fire inside the home. The gas was shut off and the stove removed. Multiple holes were found in the stove’s gas line.

Mussler told authorities that she attempted to light a burner and experienced a gas explosion. The fire damaged the immediate surrounding area, but the fire was contained to the stove.

Columbia Gas responded and disconnected the gas to the home. EMT Ambulance also responded, but Mussler declined medical treatment.