– NEW SPRINFIELD – An “on the road” edition of the Victory Gospel Jubilee begins at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at the Trinity United Methodist Church in New Springfield. The church’s singing group, Ambassadors for Christ, will host the event which will feature the Golden Street Singers from Farmdale, and soloist Cathy Goss from Zanesville. There is no admission charge for the two-hour southern gospel music concert. A free will offering will be taken. The church is located at 2427 Columbiana Road, New Springfield. For more information about the event call 800-284-9709.
– COLUMBIANA – Super Bingo Sunday begins at 2 p.m. April 7 at St. Jude Parish, 180 Seventh St. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. A $25 donation entitles each player to a free dauber, unlimited coffee and pop, and cards for regular games.
Specials are sold separately. A total of $3,400 in cash prizes will be awarded to winners, including a $1,000 guaranteed coverall. A lunch counter offers sandwiches, pizza, etc, and baked goods.
– COLUMBIANA – Midway Mennonite Church at 13376 Columbiana-Canfield Road will serve its Wednesday Evening Community Meal at 6 p.m. March 20. Those attending are to bring their own table service. Monetary donations for the meal are accepted. For more information call the church office at 330-482-3135.
-WEST POINT – The Church of the Nazarene will host “Breakfast with the Easter Bunny” from 9 to 11 a.m. March 23 for children ages newborn through 12 years. Pictures with the Easter Bunny are available. There will also be treat bags for the children a special puppet show. Also planned is a free Easter dinner for the community from 5 to 7 p.m. March 21.
– LEETONIA – Leetonia First United Methodist Church at 50 Lisbon St. is sponsoring a “drive by chicken dinner” from 4 to 6 p.m. March 21, or until sold out. Cost is $7 and includes a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and brownie. All proceeds are being used to repair and renovate the foyer area of the church and roof fund.
– NEW WATERFORD – “Christ in the Passover Seder Presentation” begins at 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the New Waterford United Methodist Church, 46925 state Route 46. The presentation will be led by Shofar Shalom Ministries founded in 1995 by Mark Kholos for the purpose of giving Christians a better understanding of the Jewish roots of their Christian faith. Kholos was born and raised Jewish in Pittsburgh, Pa., attended Hebrew schools and had his bar mitzvah at the age of 13. He graduated from Duquesne University with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and moved to Warren in 1979. Assisting Kholos is his wife, Cheryl, a singer/musician from Columbiana. The public is encouraged to attend. A community meal and fellowship follows. For more information calling the church at 330-457-7436.
– DAMASCUS – Community business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders by attending Chick-fil-A Leadercast on May 10 at Damascus Friends Church.
Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leader development event broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites throughout the nation. Speakers for this year’s event include:
– Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO of General Electric.
– Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author and communicator.
– Mike Krzyzewski, head men’s basketball coach, Duke University and Team USA.
– John Maxwell, best-selling author and leadership expert.
– Dr. Henry Cloud, Best-selling author and leadership consultant.
– LCDR Rorke Denver, Navy SEAL and star of the 2012 movie “Act of Valor.”
– Sanya Richards-Ross, 2012 London Olympic gold medalist, track and field.
– David Allen, best-selling author of “Getting Things Done” and productivity expert.
– Condolezza Rice, secretary of state (2005-2009) , via exclusive Simply Lead video interview.
– SALEM – An anonymous donor is sponsoring the Banquet in Salem to be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. The menu offers chicken noodle soup, ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, applesauce, fresh fruits and vegetables, and ice cream sundaes. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
Pork chop dinner served today
WINONA – A pork chop dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. today in the Family Life Center at the Winona Friends Church on Whinnery Road.
The meal includes a pork chop, mashed potatoes, vegetables, rolls and dessert. Cost is $8.
Carryouts are available. For more information call the church at 330-222-0200.
The Singing Weavers will perform
GREENFORD – The community is invited to a free concert with The Singing Weavers titled Let’s Shine Together! at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Greenford Lutheran Church.
Refreshments will be served after the concert.
Bethesda Life Church hosting gospel sing
SALEM – A gospel sing begins at 6:30 p.m. March 8 at Bethesda Life Church, 357 N. Howard Ave. Chester Bryant and the Sounds of Home Singers will be the featured group. Refreshments will be served.
For more information or directions call 330-831-8807 or 330-870-6851.
‘Lunch and learn’ program offered
EAST PALESTINE – East Palestine’s Centenary United Methodist Church and Salem Community Hospital are joining with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, other government agencies and consumer advocacy organizations to help local senior citizens avoid identity theft, fraud and scams.
Local seniors are invited to a special “lunch and learn” program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 11 at Centenary United Methodist Church, 40 S. Market St., East Palestine.
A free lunch will be served followed by an informative panel discussion on the latest scams targeting seniors, identity theft, fraud and ways seniors can protect themselves from these threats.
Representatives from the Attorney General’s Office, Better Business Bureau, Ohio Consumers’ Counsel, Ohio Department of Commerce, Ohio Department of Insurance, ProSeniors and Salem Community Hospital will be available to share their resources.
For more information or to register for this event call the church office at 330-426-2629 before March 8.
Drive-thru chicken dinners being sold
NORTH LIMA – Drive-thru chicken dinners are available from 3:30 to 6 p.m. March 14, or until sold out, at the Calvary United Methodist Church,12062 South Ave. Extension.
Each meal includes a stuffed chicken breast, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and a brownie. Cost is $6. To reserve dinners call 330-549-2588.
St. Ann’s Church offering up variety
SEBRING – Soups, salads, halushki and pierogies are available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fridays through March 22 at St. Ann’s Church, 323 S. 15th St.
Pierogies are 55 cents each or $6.50 per dozen and available in potato and cheese, sauerkraut, broccoli and cheese, cheese, mild jalapeno or hot jalapeno. Toppings include butter, butter and onions and marinara sauce.
Cream of broccoli and clam chowder are available for $2.50 each for a 12-ounce bowl. Salad are $ 1.50 each. Halushki, which is comprised of cabbage, noodles and onions, is $2. Apple fritters for dessert are $1.25 each.
For more information call 330-938-2033. On Fridays call 330-938-9678.
Power point presentations planned
COLUMBIANA – The public is invited to attend and participate in a series of power point presentations on the topic of, “When Worlds Collide: Basic Christian Tenents and the Encounter with Modern Beliefs.”
The presentations will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursdays, beginning March 7 in the parish hall of Christ the King Church, 202 E. Park Ave.
For additional information call the Rev. Dr. J. Lee Martin at 330-730-1461.
Team Five will sponsor Banquet in Salem
SALEM – Team Five of St. Paul Church will sponsor next week’s Banquet in Salem from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building.
The menu offers chicken noodle soup, penne pasta with meatballs, green beans, salad, fresh fruits and vegetables and ice cream sundaes.
Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.