Banquet in Salem to feature ham, scalloped potatoes
SALEM – The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Salem Memorial Building. Next week’s sponsor is Visiting Angels. The menu offers ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, applesauce, fresh vegetables and fruit and dessert. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
Breakfast buffet offered at North Lima Mennonite
NORTH LIMA – A breakfast buffet will be available from 7 to 10 a.m. May 25 at the North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive. Items on the all-you-can-eat buffet include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages. Donations will be accepted For information call the church at 330-549-2333.
Handbell concert at New Alexander Christian Church
EAST ROCHESTER – Kristine Stout, a handbell soloist, will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the New Alexander Christian Church. Stout is a member of “Joybell,” a handbell ministry from Clinton Township, Mich. She plays three octaves of English Handbells (that’s 37 bells), all by herself. The public is invited.
The church is located west of New Garden at the corner of state Route 172 and Rochester Road.
Weavers to perform at Western Reserve United Methodist Church
CANFIELD – The Weavers, a singing gospel family, will perform at 6 p.m. June 2 at Western Reserve United Methodist Church, 4580 Canfield Road. A free will offering will be taken.
– NORTH BENTON – An all-you-can-eat community breakfast will be served from 7 to 11 a.m. today at the North Benton Presbyterian Church in North Benton. Cost is $6.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 6 to 12.
-COLUMBIANA A drive-thru ham dinner will be served from 4 to 6 p.m. May 14 at the Columbiana First United Methodist Church, 210 S. Main St.
-LEETONIA – St. Paul’s Lutheran Church at 29 Spruce St. will celebrate Music Sunday during the 10:15 a.m. worship service on Mother’s Day, May 12. Former choir members and others will join the choir for two anthems. The Men’s Quartet and the Joyful Ringers Bell Choir will also perform.
-SALEM – A garage sale will be held at the First United Methodist Church, 244 S. Broadway Ave. The public is invited from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 17, and 9 a.m. to noon May 18.
-EAST PALESTINE – Centenary United Methodist Church at 40 S. Market St. will host the popular Southern gospel group, The Keelings, at 7 p.m. May 19. The event, which will be held in the church sanctuary, is open to the public. Attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item that will be donated to a local food bank. For additional information call the church office at 330-426-2629.
-SALEM – The Emmanuel Lutheran Church’s Youth Group will hold a yard sale from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 18 in the Education Building on South Broadway Avenue. Items available include books, decorations, glassware, VCR tapes, CDs, toys, clothes, brand new items, etc.
-DAMASCUS – The children of the Damascus United Methodist Church will present their annual Kids In Service program during the 10:10 a.m. worship service on Sunday. They will be present the musical, “Amerikids. Each child will present their mother with a special Mother’s Day gift. The church is located at 300 Valley Road.
-NEW WATERFORD – A carryout dinner is being held to benefit the East Fairfield United Methodist Church Relay for Life team. The dinner will be served from 3 to 6 p.m. May 16 at the church, 45675 state Route 558, New Waterford. The menu offers chicken cordon bleu, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and a dessert. Cost is $7. For more information call the church at 330-457-2465.
-LEETONIA – Jesus the Key Ministry is offering the following summer trips.
May 28: Marietta, North America’s largest animal preserve “The Wilds,” sternwheeler boat ride, lunch included.
June 20: Hartville, pontoon boat ride, flea market and hardware, lunch at the Hartville Kitchen, Mckinley Memorial.
July 30-31: Lancaster, Pa., Kitchen Kettle, Sugar Maple restaurant, evening showing of “Noah,” Gettysburg, tour of the battlefield.
Aug. 6: Niagara Falls, boat ride to view the falls at the bottom of the gorge, Robert Moses Power Vista, Fort Niagara and late dinner on your own at Cracker Barrel.
For more information call Bing Newton at 330-427-6578.
– SALEM – The Haviland Choir and friends of the First Presbyterian Church will present “A Tribute to the Life and Works of Fanny Crosby” during the 10:30 a.m. worship service on Sunday. The choir is directed by John Krauss with Nancy McNeal as organist.
– COLUMBIANA – The Oasis Food Ministry will hold a food distribution from 4 to 6 p.m. May 9 and 23 at the First Christian Church, 39 Cherry St.
– NORTH LIMA – The Calvary United Methodist Church will hold its monthly drive-thru chicken dinner from 3:30 to 6 p.m. May 9, or until sold out. The meal includes a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a brownie. Cost is $6. The church is located at 12062 South Avenue Extension. A portion of each month’s profits is used for mission projects.
Also scheduled at the church is the spring chicken barbecue from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. May 18. The dinner includes half a chicken, baked potato, applesauce, green beans, roll, beverage and pie. Cost is $9 for adults and $6.50 for children ages 12 and under. Eat in or carryout is available. For more information call 330-549-2588.
– SALEM – The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. Next week’s sponsor is Friends of the Banquet. The menu offers penne pasta and meatballs, peas, salad, pears, fresh fruit and vegetables and ice cream. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
– EAST LIVERPOOL – Majors John and Lauren Hodgson, ambassadors for prayer and spiritual formation from Territorial Headquarters in New York, will lead a spiritual retreat at 6 p.m. May 10 and 9:30 to 2:30 p.m. May 11 at the East Liverpool Salvation Army, 413 E. Fourth St. For more information call 330-385-2086.
– NEGLEY – The Negley United Methodist Church will hold a plant sale and luncheon at 10 a.m. May 18.