– DAMASCUS – The public is invited to breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. today at the Damascus United Methodist Church, 300 Valley Road. Cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children under 10. There also will be a car wash and bake sale. Proceeds will be used to send children to camp.
– SALEM – The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. Next week’s sponsor is St. Paul Team I and Chef J.R. Straley. The menu offers tomato soup, creamed chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, fruit salad, and fresh vegetables and fruits. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
– SALEM – Vacation Bible school will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. June 17-20 at the Salem Bible Church, 807 Cunningham Road. All children and teens in grades kindergarten to 12 are welcome.
– SALEM – A spaghetti dinner fund raiser will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. June 21 at the Salem Church of the Nazarene, 1431 N. Ellsworth Ave. Cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children. Carryouts are available. Proceeds will be used to purchase a pavilion. For advance tickets call 330-429-5065.
– NORTH LIMA -An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be served from 7 to 11 a.m. June 29 at North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive. Donations will be accepted. Items on the buffet include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333.
– SALEM – First Presbyterian Church at 436 E. Second St. will kick off the third season of its Big Back Yard program from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday with Bike Night. Members of the community are invited to ride or bring their bikes, either pedal powered or motorized, to the program. A maneuverability course will be available. The Salem Police Department will provide bicycle safety tips. Pastor Meta Cramer will perform a blessing of the bikes.
Pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, dessert and beverages will be served. The event is free and will be held rain or shine.
The Big Back Yard in various themes will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. each Wednesday through Aug. 14, with the exception of July 3.
– NEW WATERFORD -Vacation Bible school starts at 5 p.m. June 16 and continues through June 21 at Lake Mount Church of Christ on state Route 7. There will be singing, Bible stories and lessons, crafts, games and food all week at “SonRise National Park.” For more information call 303-227-3636.
– LISBON – All children in Lisbon and surrounding communities are invited to the SonWest Roundup from 9 a.m. to noon June 17-June 21 at the Harvest Baptist Church on Route 45. Children will sing songs, watch skits, create crafts, play games, and discover Jesus provides what they truly need in every challenge of life. For more information call 330-337-1373.
– NORTH GEORGETOWN – The churches in the North Georgetown area will host a community vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to noon June 17-21.
This year’s VBS will be hosted by Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 27485 Main St. Other sponsoring churches are First Brethren and Reading Church of the Brethren.
Children from age 3 (potty-trained) through grade five are invited, free of charge. All children are welcome regardless of church affiliation.
The theme is “SonWest Roundup.” The week concludes with a celebration at 10:30 a.m. June 23 at Emmanuel Lutheran. Parents are encouraged to pre-register their children by calling 330-525-0595. Walk-in registrations will also be accepted provided the child is accompanied by an adult.