‘Pancake plus’ breakfast served today
NEW WATERFORD – A “pancake plus” breakfast will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. today at the New Waterford United Methodist Church, 46925 S. State St. Donations will be accepted.
‘Vegatable Soup to Go’ being sold Sunday
SALEM – The First Presbyterian Church is offering “Vegetable Soup to Go” from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday.
Cost is $5 per quart. Customers are asked to enter the church parking lot from Second Street and proceed as directed.
‘Pot luck’ soup supper and lesson planned
GREENFORD – The public is invited to a “pot luck” soup supper and lesson at the Greenford Lutheran Church, 7450 W. South Range Road.
Dinner will be served at 6 p.m., with the lesson to follow from 7 to 7:30 p.m. March 12, 19, 26, and April 2 and 9. The lesson is titled “Six Practical Steps to an Improved Prayer Life.” Pretzel Prayer Parties for children are held from 7 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays during the lesson.
July Minstrel rehearsals begin Sunday
LISBON – Rehearsals for the July Minstrel will begin for the Lisbon Community Chorus at 7 p.m. Sunday at the First United Methodist Church. New members are welcome. Tenors are needed. The minstrel is scheduled for July 2 and 3 to benefit the Lisbon Alumni Association.
Drive-in ham dinner scheduled
COLUMBIANA – A drive-in ham dinner will be served from 4 to 6 p.m. March 11 at the First United Methodist Church, 210 S. Main St. Cost is $7.
Good Hope Lutheran offers support group
NORTH LIMA – Good Hope Lutheran Church at 12030 Market St. is announcing its support group, Walking through Grief, Finding Your Path.
Grief education and support will be offered by Jane Peachey, a licensed independent social worker and bereavement facilitator with over 18 years of experience working with issues of grief, loss and end of life.
Meetings will be held from 10 to 11:30 a.m. March 20, April 3 and 17 and May 1; and from 5:30 to 7 p.m. March 18, April 1, 15 and 29 and May 13 and 27. For information and to register for groups call 330-549-2406 or 234-567-1461.
Salem High NHS sponsoring Banquet
SALEM – Salem High School’s National Honor Society is sponsoring the Banquet in Salem from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building, 785 E. State St.
The meal will be prepared by Salem High School’s Food Service Director Michele Fisher and the Salem High School cafeteria employees. The menu offers ham and cheese pasta bake, green beans, cole slaw, baked applesauce, apple cobbler, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fruit.
Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
Revival and Fifth Sunday rally is March 30
SALEM – A Revival and Fifth Sunday rally is slated at the Phillips Christian Church.
The public is invited at 10 a.m. March 30 (fellowship meal to follow) and 6 p.m.; and at 7 p.m. March 31 through April 2. “Evangelism Through Discipleship” will be presented by Evangelist Dick Chambers. A nursery is provided. (phillipschristian.org).
– WINONA – The Winona Friends Church on Whinnery Road will serve a baked pork chop dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. today in its Family Life Center. The dinner includes mashed potatoes, vegetable, rolls and dessert. Cost is $8. Carryouts are available. For more information call 330-222-0200.
– NORTH BENTON – An all-you-can-eat community breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 11 a.m. March 8 at the North Benton Presbyterian Church. Cost is $6.50 for adults and $3.50 for children ages 6 to 12.
– LEETONIA – The Shrove Tuesday pancake and sausage supper will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. March 4 at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 29 Spruce St. Cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 5 to 12, and free for children under 5.
– LEETONIA – A free meal will be served at 6 p.m. March 5 at the Leetonia Mennonite Church. A program featuring Kay and Penny follows at 7 p.m.
– NORTH LIMA – Shrove Tuesday’s 35th annual pancakes and sausage supper will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. March 4 at Mt. Olivet United Church of Christ, 410 W. South Range Road. A free will offering will be accepted.
– WASHINGTONVILLE – Quarts of homemade soups in different varieties are available for $6 each during “Soup to Go” from 3 to 5 p.m. March 5 at Robbins United Methodist Church, 100 High St. For more information call 330-427-2035.
– SALEM – The First Presbyterian Church of Salem will have “Soup to Go” available from noon to 1 p.m. March 9. Quarts of vegetable soup will be sold for $5 each. Customers are asked to enter the church parking lot from Second Street and watch for signs.
– LISBON – Hospice of the Valley will host a workshop titled “Grief 101” at 10:30 a.m. March 6 in the parlor at the First United Methodist Church. The stages of grief and adjusting to the challenges of life following the death of a loved one will be discussed. This event is free and open to the public. For more information call 330-424-5212.
– CANFIELD – The Paradise Church at 10020 New Buffalo Road has announced Pastor David Parry as interim minister. Pastor Parry received a doctor of ministry degree from Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland and a master’s of divinity from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky. He has served as adjunct lecturer at Malone College in Canton and thesis advisor at Ashland College. Most recently he served as associate pastor at Western Reserve United Methodist Church and continues as chaplain at Copeland Oaks in Sebring. Services at Paradise Church begin at 9:30 a.m. Sunday followed by Sunday school with class for children and adults.
– DAMASCUS – Damascus Friends Church at 28857 Walnut St. is offering five fitness classes for women throughout the week. All classes are taught by nationally certified instructors and are one hour in length. The first class is free. For a brochure with class descriptions or for more information visit dfcnow.com/ministries/sports-fitness/.
– EAST PALESTINE – Mid-week Lenten services at Grace Lutheran Church are held each Wednesday, from March 5 through April. Supper is served at 6:30 p.m. with informal worship at 7:15 p.m. and Holy Communion on Ash Wednesday, March 5.
– NORTH LIMA – A chicken dinner “drive-up” is slated from 3:30 to 6 p.m. March 13 at Calvary United Methodist Church, 12062 South Ave. Ext. Dinner includes baked chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a brownie. Cost is $6. To reserve dinners call 330-549-2588. A portion of each month’s profits is used for missions.
– SALEM Salem Community Foundation will sponsor the Banquet in Salem from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building, 785 E. State St.
The menu offers chicken noodle soup, stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, applesauce, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and ice cream sundaes. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information contact Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.