– SALEM – Salem First Friends’ annual Easter egg hunt for ages 0-13 begins at 10 a.m. April 19 at the church, 1028 Jennings Ave. Following the egg hunt, the Veggie Tale movie, “Sweetpea Beauty,” will be shown, accompanied with refreshments.
– CANFIELD – Calla Community Church at 6482 W. Calla Road will hold interdenominational Good Friday services at 7 p.m. April 18. Pastor James Houston will deliver the message, assisted by Ralph Wince. For more information call 330-540-4253.
– SALEM – “Fly-by” carryout dinners will be available from 4 to 6 p.m., or until sold out, April 17 at the First Friends Church, 1028 Jennings Ave.
The meal includes glazed ham loaf, cheesy potatoes, seasoned green beans, roll and homemade cake. Cost is $8. Reservations may be made by calling the church office at 330-332-0001.
– LEETONIA – Chicken dinners will be sold from 4 to 6 p.m., or until sold out, April 17 at the Leetonia United Methodist Church, 50 Lisbon St. The meal consists of a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and brownie. Cost is $7. Proceeds will be used for the new roof at the church.
– SALEM – The Banquet in Salem is welcoming a new sponsor, Terri Chipps Hutton of Hair-A-Dise Beauty Salon of Salem.
Hutton and her volunteers, along with Friends of the Banquet, will serve the meal from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building, 785 E. State St.
The menu offers ziti and meatballs, salad or applesauce, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, cake and ice cream.
Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
– EAST PALESTINE – Holy week services at Grace Lutheran Church begins with Palm Sunday, April 13, worship at 10:45 a.m.; Maundy Thursday, April 17, service in the Upper Room, candlelight communion around the tables in the fellowship hall at 7:15 p.m.; Good Friday, April 18, Tenebrae service in the church at 7:15 p.m.; Easter Sunday, April 20, worship at 10:45 a.m. with communion and special music.
– COLUMBIANA – A trash and treasure sale featuring a bake sale, lunch counter, silent auction, jewelry and purse table, will be held at the Columbiana First Presbyterian Church, 28 E. Park Ave.
The public is invited from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 24; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 25, half price day; and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 26, $1 per bag day with clothing and shoes are free.
– WINONA – Holy Week at Winona United Methodist at 32114 Winona Road begins on Palm Sunday. A special processional has been planned with the choir, hand chimes and liturgical dancers.
Children up to age 12 are invited to an Easter egg hunt at 3 p.m. April 13 at the neighboring park, or be moved indoors in case of rain featuring games, snacks and the Easter story. There is no charge, however, reservations are requested by calling 330-222-1211.
The annual Passover Seder will be presented on Maundy Thursday at 6 p.m. April 17.
All ages are invited to learn about symbolic foods, share communion, and enjoy a soup supper. There is no charge, but donations are welcome and reservations required at 330-222-1211.
The Good Friday service begins at 7 p.m. April 18. Easter Sunday starts at 6:15 a.m. with a sunrise service at Woodsdale Cemetery on the corner of Woodsdale and Teegarden Roads. Pastor Mary Owen will officiate.
From 7:30 to 9 a.m. Easter breakfast will be served in the church’s fellowship hall. Sunday school for all ages will be held from 9 to 9:45 a.m.
The Easter celebration begins at 10 a.m. featuring the praise team, brass trio, hand chime choir, and liturgical dancers, and the choir presenting an Easter cantata.