– NORTH BENTON – An all-you-can-eat community breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 11 a.m. today at the North Benton Presbyterian Church. Cost is $6.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 6 to 12.
– NEW WATERFORD – The “pancakes plus breakfast” will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. today at the New Waterford United Methodist Church, 46925 S. State St. Donations will be accepted.
– GAVERS – Corporal Joe Hendricks of East Liverpool will deliver the sermon at 9:30 a.m. Mother’s Day, May 11, at New Lebanon Presbyterian Church on Route 518.
The youth of the church will perform songs and a poem to honor the mothers of the church. The youth will also have prizes for the “winning” mothers in many categories.
– NORTH LIMA A chicken barbecue will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. May 17 at Calvary United Methodist Church, 12062 South Ave. The meal includes half a chicken, baked potato, applesauce, green beans, rolls, beverage and pie. Cost is $9 for adults and $7 for ages 12 and under. Carryouts are available. Proceeds will further the ministries of Calvary church and surrounding communities.
– DAMASCUS – Registrations are now being accepted for the 2014-15 school year at the Damascus United Methodist Preschool, 300 Valley Road. Classes are available for 3, 4 and 5-year-olds. Two, three and five-day programs are available. For more information call 330-537-3031.
– LEETONIA – The Leetonia United Methodist Church at 50 Lisbon St. will serve chicken dinners from 4 to 6 p.m. May 15, or until sold out. The meal consists of a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and brownie. Cost is $7. Proceeds will be used for the new roof at the church.
– COLUMBIANA – A drive-thru ham dinner will be sold beginning at 4 p.m. May 13 at Columbiana First United Methodist Church, 210 S. Main St. Cost is $7.
– SALEM – The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building, 785 E. State St. Friends of the Banquet will sponsor the meal. The menu offers sloppy joes, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, cole slaw, fresh veggies and fruit and ice cream. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
– NEW WATERFORD – The Heroes and Halos Student Ambassador Program is hosting Operation Prom Dress from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at the East Fairfield United Methodist Church, 45675 state Route 558.
Prom and homecoming dresses, along with suits, dress shirts, ties and dress pants will be donated to people who wish to attend the Kings and Queens Ball but don’t have the finances to purchase the outfits themselves. The Kings and Queens Ball will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 27 in the government building at the Columbiana County Fair. People who come from disadvantaged backgrounds and have special needs and/or disabilities and have a developmental age of 5-18 years old are invited to the ball.
– ELLSWORTH -A chicken and biscuit dinner will be served from 4 to 6 p.m. May 18 at the Ellsworth Presbyterian Church. Cost is $8 for adults and $3.50 for children ages 4 to 11. Dinner includes chicken and gravy over biscuits, mashed potatoes, vegetable, applesauce, dessert and beverage. Carryouts are available by calling Sherry Weamer at 330-638-3771.
– 4COLUMBIANA – Trophies will be awarded at the car cruise scheduled from 6 to 9 p.m. May 13 and 27 at the Columbiana Nazarene Church, 330 N. Elm St. The event also features entertainment, games, food and beverages. Admission and registration are free.