– COLUMBIANA- The Columbiana First United Methodist Church will host a Drive Thru Ham Dinner from 4 p.m. until sold out on Tuesday.
– SALEM – The 10th annual gospel music festival is slated from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Chaparral Family Campground, 10136 Middletown Road, Salem.
Scheduled to perform are The Pine Ridge Boys, The Singing Weavers and Gloryway Quartet. Parking opens at 3:30 p.m. A free shuttle service and handicap parking are available.
Admission is free. A love offering and canned food for the food drive will be collected. Camping and food concessions are available. For more information call the campground at 330-337-9381.
– BOARDMAN- The Good Hope Lutheran Church, 98 Homestead Drive, will host a dramatization of the life of Corrie ten Boom, heroine of the Dutch Resistance in World War II, at 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
Cheryl Buxamusa, formerly of the Netherlands and personal acquaintance of ten Boom, will portray the heroine. For information contact 330-782-8109.
– SALEM- The First United Methodist Church of Salem, 244 S. Broadway Ave., will host a “Chicken on the Run” offering drive-thru chicken dinners from 4 to 5:30 p.m. or sold out on Thursday. Cost is $7.
– WINONA- The Winona United Methodist Church will host the summer children’s event “Weird Animals: Where Jesus’ Love Is One-of-a-Kind” Vacation Bible School July 14 through 18 at the church, 32114 Winona Road for children age 3 through grade 6. Each day will begin with supper at 5:30 p.m. and continue until 8:30 p.m.
At Weird Animals, children will learn about some of God’s most creative creations. They’ll participate in memorable Bible-learning activities, sing catchy songs, play teamwork-building games, experience cool Bible adventures, collect Bible memory Buddies to remind them they are one of a kind, and try out sciency-fun experiments. Plus, they will learn to look for evidence of God all around them through God Sightings. Each day concludes with The Tail End a celebration that gets everyone involved in living what they’ve learned. Family members and friends are encouraged to join in daily for this special time at 8:20 p.m.
Children at Weird Animals VBS will join an international mission effort to share God’s love by providing water for school children in India.
For information or to pre-register, visit www.winonaumc.org or call 330-222-1211.