Fire departments respond to Green Township blaze
GREEN TOWNSHIP- Area fire departments responded to a house fire on West Garfield Road Monday evening.
Green Township firefighters, with assistance from the Beaver Township, Leetonia and Canfield departments, responded to a chimney fire at 5633 West Garfield Road at 5:01 p.m.
According to Todd Baird, Green Township fire chief, the fire started inside the chimney and the embers ignited the wooden panels encasing it, destroying the top of the chimney and damaging the side of the home.
The homeowner was home at the time and escaped without injury.
The extent of damage to the home was unknown.
Kevin Howell can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org