– Firefighters responded to the 900 block of North Union Avenue for a reported natural gas leak inside a residence at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday. Columbia Gas arrived on the scene and the resident had already turned the main gas line off. Police had also responded.
– Firefighters were called at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday to a residence in the 900 block of Liberty Street for a report of smoke inside a residence. The area was checked with a thermal imaging camera and located the source to be the electric blower motor on the furnace. The resident was told to contact the landlord to have the furnace repaired. Police had also responded.
– The fire alarm at the county courthouse went off about 10 a.m. Wednesday. The alarm was set off by dust and/or fumes from construction work being done in the courthouse.
– The smoke detector went off at the Cherished Children day care center on West Lincoln Way at 9:18 a.m. Wednesday. This was also believed to be due to dust.
– Firefighters responded to a fire at an abandoned house trailer at the corner of Parkview and Hilltop streets at Guilford Lake at 6 a.m. Monday. Half of the vacant trailer was on fire by the time the first crews arrived, which also included assistance from the Hanover Township and Winona departments. The trailer was destroyed, and officials have yet to determine ownership.
– Firefighters were called to a small brush fire on Steubenville Pike in Center Township on Sunday afternoon. Chief Dave Lewton said the property owner was burning some trash when the fire began. The brush fire grew to an area about 10 feet by 10 feet before it was extinguished.
– Police and firefighters responded to a report of a vehicle fire at 5:55 a.m. Monday in the area of South Lincoln Avenue and Aetna Street where a 1997 Chevy Silverado owned by William D. Dinsio had the engine compartment fully engulfed in flames. The fire department quickly extinguished the fire, but the cause was undetermined.