Winona Fire Department
WINONA – The Winona Volunteer Fire Department was kept hopping on Saturday with a dryer fire on Depot Road and then a brush fire on McCracken Road.
Fire Chief George Brantingham said a couple children called about the fire on McCracken Road, concerned it was going to get out of hand and threaten a nearby home. The fire, which was called in at 2:42 p.m. Saturday, burned between about 1.5 acres of property.
Earlier in the day, the fire department responded to a dryer fire on Depot Road, which was quickly handled when someone pulled the malfunctioning machine out of the house.
Brantingham said the department had been on four calls in less than 24 hours, including a head-on car crash on Depot Road on Friday night.
SALEM FIRE DEPARTMENT
– Firefighters reported being called at 10:51 a.m. Sunday by Salem Police to respond to Circle K East, 1125 E. State St., for a car that pulled a fill nozzle and hose from a gas pump. They checked the pumps and found all okay in working order. The hose was determined to be from Speedway after police made contact with the driver. No problems were found at Speedway.
LISBON FIRE REPORTS
– Firefighters were called to the home on Lindsey Peterson, Brookfield Avenue, in regard to a possible chimney fire at 1:57 a.m. Thursday. It turned out the odor was coming from a malfunctioning furnace.
– Firefighters responded to a report of someone burning a truck load of garbage at a rental property on Steubenville Pike at 3:53 p.m. Sunday. The renter, Jason Dotson, was found to be burning trash, abd the blaze was extinguished by the fire department.
– Firefighters were called to the home on Doris Grafton, state Route 164 (north) at 7:08 p.m. Thursday in regard to her carbon monoxide detector, which turned out needed new batteries.