– Firefighters responded to the 100 block of East Fourth Street after being notified by police at 9:43 p.m. Thursday about a fire on a porch that was already extinguished. The landlord, who lives across the street, said she saw a small fire on the porch, walked over and stomped it out with her foot, then notified police. Upon investigation, firefighters determined a child’s diaper containing feces was lit on fire on the concrete porch. They checked the porch with a thermal imaging camera to make sure the fire had not spread to anywhere else.
– Firefighters were called at 2:33 p.m. Monday to the 400 block of Morgan Court where an odor of natural gas was reported in a house. It was determined the pilot light was out due to human error. The pilot light was lit and the firefighters left.
– A resident in the 700 block of Franklin Avenue called at 11:06 a.m. Monday to report an activated carbon monoxide detector. Firefighters monitored the air and found no hazard. Upon further investigation, a hole was discovered in the exhaust for the hot water tank. The gas was shut off to the hot water tank and the resident was told to contact his landlord.