– Firefighters responded to a West Pershing Street property at 2 p.m. Tuesday for an unauthorized fire. The resident was notified about the burning complaint and told to extinguish the fire.
– Firefighters were called at 10:58 a.m. Tuesday to a property in the 1500 block of North Ellsworth Avenue for a smoke detector activation. They determined the smoke detector was malfunctioning due to a low battery. The battery was changed and the detector put back in place.
– The fire department responded to a burning complaint at the Gilmore residence on Center Avenue at 8 p.m. Monday. Chief Dave Lewton said they found an unattended small camp fire, which was extinguished.
– A fire alarm went off at the county courthouse at noon Tuesday. The alarm was set off by contractors performing some electrical work at the courthouse.