– Lynn M. Humphrey, 49, Desellem Road, Lisbon, and Howard G. Smith, 63, East Chestnut Street, Lisbon, were northbound on state Route 45 in Salem at 5:29 a.m. Tuesday and Smith stopped for a dog in the road and was struck from behind by Humphrey. Humphrey was cited for assured clear distance.
– James W. Irwin, 68, state Route 172, East Rochester, was westbound on state Route 172 in West Township at 10:45 a.m. Tuesday and Justin Alan Morckel, 23, U.S. 30, East Rochester, was eastbound and passing a vehicle and collided with Irwin. Morckel was cited for hazardous zones.
– Devone Renee Ritchie, 16, Butler Grange Road, Salem, Riley Jo Zehentbauer, 16, state Route 172, East Rochester, Angela Gabrielle Judy, 16, Winona Road, Salem, Brandon J. Miller, 16, Butler Grange Road, Salem, and Brooke N. Caddell, 17, Freeman Road, Lisbon, were northbound on state Route 9 in Hanover Township at 2:35 p.m. Monday and Miller stopped for traffic and Judy was slowing behind Miller when Caddell struck the rear of Judy’s vehicle, pushing it into Miller’s vehicle. Ritchie then struck the rear of Zehentbauer’s vehicle which then struck Caddell’s vehicle causing it to go off the road. Zehentbauer then continued forward and struck Judy’s vehicle. Ritchie was cited for assured clear distance and Caddell was cited for assured clear distance and taken to Salem Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries.
– Lynn A. Mitchell, 49, Maple Grove Lane, New Waterford, was westbound on state Route 14 in Columbiana at 12:49 p.m. April 13 and Thomas L. Peterson, 48, St. Jacob-Logtown Road, Leetonia, was northbound on state Route 7 and ran a red light and struck Mitchell, whose vehicle then went off the northwest side of the intersection into a wooden utility pole causing it to fall onto two parked cars in a private lot. Peterson was cited for signal lights and taken to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries. Mitchell was also taken to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital with incapacitating injuries.
– A man reported at 3:10 a.m. Sunday he came across an accident on state Route 9 in Perry Township. Troopers went to the crash site but the occupants of the vehicle located in a ditch were no longer there and the license plate was missing. The vehicle appeared to have been southbound on state Route 9 when it went off the road and into the ditch.
– Deborah K. Pappas, 42, Frischkorn Drive, Wellsville, was northeastbound on County Airport Road in Madison Township at 7:25 a.m. Monday and went off the east side into a ditch, a cable box and a culvert. She was cited for failure to control.
– Quint A. Witherow, 31, Steubenville Pike, Lisbon, was southbound on state Route 164 in Center Township at 1 a.m. Sunday and went off the road into a guardrail and overturned. He was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries and cited for failure to control, OVI, driving under suspension, seat belt and open container.
– Rodney F. McDowell, 68, Alderlick Road, Wellsville, was northbound on state Route 45 in Yellow Creek Township at 4:24 p.m. Sunday and went off the right side into a ditch and utility pole and overturned. He was taken to East Liverpool Hospital with incapacitating injuries and cited for failure to control and OVI.
– James A. Dimuzio, 51, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., was westbound on state Route 517 in Elkrun Township at 3 p.m. Monday and Patti Loshinsky Colon, 40, Bensley Road, Salineville, was eastbound and went left of center and struck Dimuzio. She was cited for lanes of travel.
– Jackson A. Jeffery, 51, Glasgow Road, Lisbon, and Earl L. Carpenter, 71, Middlefield, were southbound on state Route 11 in Fairfield Township at 6:11 a.m. Monday and Jeffery struck Carpenter’s vehicle from behind. Jeffery was cited for assured clear distance.
– June L. Bugara, 68, Alliance, was southbound on Homeworth Road in Knox Township at 9:10 a.m. Sunday and went off the west side into a ditch and a pole. She was cited for failure to control and taken to Alliance Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries.
– Mark Bailey, 30, state Route 170, Rogers, was cited for driving left of center after he turned off state Route 170 onto Dyke Road in Middleton Township and struck a stopped vehicle operated by Michael Henderson, 31, Dyke Road, Rogers. The accident occurred at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
– Ariel Kepner, 19, Bears Den Road, Leetonia, was cited for failure to yield for causing a three-vehicle accident at 12:20 a.m. Friday that sent multiple people to the hospital. The accident occurred at the intersection of state Routes 558 and 45 in Salem Township when Kepner pulled into the path of a vehicle being driven by Joann Plunkett, 58, state Route 45, Wellsville, and was struck by Plunkett, whose vehicle then hit a guardrail. Meanwhile, Kepner’s vehicle bounced off a guardrail and into a second vehicle, this one driven by Sherry Povssick, 36, of Youngstown. The accident left Kepner’s passenger -Melissa Laroche, 39, state Route 172, East Rochester – pinned in the vehicle and she had to be extricated by a hydraulic cutting tool. While Kepner was treated and released at the scene, Laroche was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Povssick was taken to the hospital by a relative, as were her four passengers: Tracy Macovitz, 40, Gabriel Mercable, 16, Natalie Mercable, 15, and Nadia Maqusmob, 6, all of Youngstown.
– Alexys Brooks, 17, Columbiana-Waterford Road, Columbiana, was cited for failure to control after she lost control and struck a fence while turning from state Route 7 onto Metz Road in Fairfield Township at 4:41 p.m. Friday. Brooks told the trooper she swerved to avoid a deer.
– Taylor A. Neville, 18, state Route 267, East Liverpool, swerved to miss an oncoming vehicle that was left of center, sending her Cherokee off the road and overturning on its roof. The accident occurred while she was driving on Fife Coal Road in Yellow Creek Township at 7:52 p.m. April 7.
– Jerry A. Wells, Steubenville Pike, Lisbon, was cited for driving left of center after he rounded a curve on Steubenville Pike in Center Township and went left of center, striking a vehicle going the other direction driven by William J. Stewart, 48, Steubenville Pike, Lisbon. The accident occurred at 5:06 p.m. April 8.
– Derek A. Patterson, 37, Rochester Road, Minerva, reported his vehicle was damaged after being struck by a dog while he was driving on Rochester Road in West Township at 4 a.m. April 5.
– Anthony P. Downing, 26, Depot Road, Salem, was cited for failure to control, leaving the scene of an accident and driving under suspension after the vehicle he was driving went into a ditch while he was traveling on Black Road in Center Township at 9:54 p.m. April 6. Downing was not around when a trooper arrived to investigate, but later told him he lost control while swerving to miss a deer. The trooper found evidence the vehicle had struck a pole or post sometime before the accident and was then driven for a distance with a shredded flat tire before going in the ditch.
– Kirby Wilt, 19, of Sebring, was cited for failure to control after he reportedly went off the road and rolled his vehicle over at the intersection of Buck Road and 12th Street in Knox Township at 12:56 a.m. March 29.
– Elias Bonilla, 57, of Edmond, Okla., reported being struck by an unknown vehicle that went left of center while he was driving on state Route 518 at the intersection of state Route 164 in Wayne Township at 9:30 p.m. April 9. Bonilla ended up in the ditch, while the other driver kept going.
– Drake Yoder, 25, Fairfield School Road, Leetonia, was cited for failure to yield after he pulled his semi-trailer into the path of a vehicle driven by Jarrod Ketchum, 38, West Main Street, Salineville, resulting in an accident at the intersection of state Routes 39 and 164 in Washington Township at 7:55 a.m. April 8. Yoder was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.
– Charles D. Rupert, 36, Oak Street, Leetonia, was cited for assured cleared distance after he drove into the rear of a vehicle operated by Laurie Stoffer, 41, Oakview Drive, Beloit, who had slowed for a hanging wire on U.S. Route 62 in Butler Township at 2:30 p.m. April 10.
– Tammy L. Ramsey, 59, of Vestaburg, Mich., was cited for failure to stay within marked lanes after striking a utility pole while turning from state Route 517 onto Signal Road in Fairfield Township at 1:30 p.m. April 7.
– Jonathan Bailey, 40, Dresden Avenue, East Liverpool, was driving on Dresden Avenue in St. Clair Township at 4 p.m. April 5 when he struck a tire in the road. The tire then struck Raymond L. Baker, 45, Y & O Road, Wellsville, who was on the side of the road changing a tire. The tire struck Baker in the leg and he was taken to the hospital for treatment.
– David K. Rose, 60, East Main Street, New Waterford, was northeastbound on McCloskey Road in Unity Township at 12:15 p.m. Friday, went off the right side into a ditch and a tree and then went off the left side into a ditch. He was cited for failure to control.
– William J. Dabler, 25, of East Liverpool, was cited for for failure to stop an assured cleared after he drove into the rear of a stopped vehicle on state Route 7 in Fairfield Township at 3:35 p.m. Thursday. Philip J. Pachner, 56, of New Middletown, stopped on Route 7 and the motorist behind him, Hunter R. Durbin, 16, of Columbiana, also stopped. Dabler was third in line and ran into the rear of Durbin’s vehicle, which was pushed into Pachner’s vehicle.
– Gerald T. Malinsky, 21, of Columbiana, was cited for failure to control after he went off the road and struck two mail boxes before coming to rest in a ditch while driving on state Route 7 in Fairfield Township at 12:49 a.m. Thursday. Malinsky told the trooper he fell asleep at the wheel.
– Christopher M. Caswell, 33 of Gay, W.Va., was cited for failure to control after the semi-trailer he was driving struck a bridge he was crossing on Foundry Hill Road in Washington Township on Thursday afternoon. Caswell was driving for Jones Excavating of Charleston, W.Va.
– An unknown driver and vehicle struck a guardrail on Middleton Road in Fairfield Township at 11:09 p.m. March 30. A witness saw two males standing by the vehicle, but they jumped back in and fled after spotting the witness.
– Cheryl A. Tafe, 56, of Beloit, was turning into a private drive on Westville Lake Road in Knox Township at 7:15 p.m. March 28 when struck by a Sunfire driven by Jonathan S. Seaman, 19, of Hanoverton, who was attempting to pass her Traverse.