– Firefighters were called at 5:25 p.m. Tuesday for a possible brush fire in the 1400 block of South Lincoln Avenue. Some brush was smoldering, but no cause was found and it was listed as unintentional. Police had also been called for a fire behind Briargate Apartments and found a small grass fire that was extinguished. A tenant reported seeing children running from the area.
– Firefighters were called at 12:56 p.m. Monday for smoke in the area of the 400 block of South Lincoln Avenue and found an illegal cookout, which the resident extinguished.
– Firefighters were called to the 2300 block of East State Street at Wendy’s for a natural gas odor at 12:36 p.m. Monday, but nothing was found.
– Firefighters responded to West State Street for a vehicle smoking at 11:41 a.m. Monday and found a disabled semi truck. Leaked engine oil onto the exhaust manifold was smoking.
– Firefighters responded at 3:11 p.m. Tuesday to the 900 block of Prospect Street for a burning complaint by an anonymous caller, determining there was an illegal fire containing construction debris extinguished by the homeowner. The homeowner was advised of the open burning laws and issued a warning.