– Donald W. Parish, 50, Adams Road, East Palestine, was merging onto Padgett Road in his vehicle when it was struck by an ATV driven by Ryan Ross, 15, Padgett Road. According to reports, the county engineer was contacted and said there has been problems with people running over and removing stop signs in that area, and the only stop sign present was for those stopped on Padgett merging onto Hamilton Road. No charges were reported.
-Diane C. Maze, 50, Laurie Road, East Liverpool, was cited for failure to control Thursday after her southbound vehicle went off the right side of state Route 7, striking the end of a guardrail.
– Travis L. Neely, 20, West Seventh Street, East Liverpool, was southbound on state Route 39 when a
northbound vehicle went left of center, striking his vehicle. The other vehicle fled the scene with the driver unidentified.
– While eastbound on state Route 558 Wednesday, Michael J. Warren, 36, Carbon Hill Road, East Palestine, struck a tree limb in the roadway which had been struck and “kicked up” by another vehicle.
– James E. Lander Jr., 50, McKinley Avenue, Lisbon, reported an object came from a trailer being hauled by Robert K. Merriman, 69, state Route 45, Wellsville, while both were westbound on state Route 154. Due to conflicting accounts, no citations were issued.
– Cody N. Wooderson, 22, Wichita, Kansas, was cited for assured clear distance Wednesday after his vehicle reportedly struck the rear of another driven by Phyllis Haselow, 59, Washington Street, Salem while both were southbound on Mechanicstown Road.
– Rebecca J. Miller, 42, Campbell Road, Hanoverton, was cited for assured clear distance after her vehicle reportedly struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Ricky J. Brierly, 49, Ripley, while both were northbound on state Route 9.
– Robert Gregg III, 26, Brookfield Avenue, Lisbon, was cited for failure to control after he went off the road and struck five fence posts while driving on Steubenville Pike in Wayne Township at 2:08 a.m. May 5. Gregg reportedly walked home and reported the accident from there. He told the trooper he had swerved to miss a deer.
– The county coroner’s officially ruled motorcyclist Carl M. Oyer, 56, Morris Road, Lisbon, suffered a fatal heart attack resulting in a crash on state Route 558 in Salem Township at 4:40 p.m. May 5.
– Sterling Wasmire, 19, Williams Street, Beloit, went off the road and into a wire fence while driving on Georgetown-Damascus Road in Knox Township at 4:53 p.m. Friday.