– A Cleveland Street man came to the police station at 1:15 p.m. Saturday to discuss a situation concerning his children. He was told it’s a civil matter.
– A South Union Avenue woman reported at 11:29 a.m. Saturday that she lost her wallet somewhere in town.
– Gary Anderson, 26, of Franklin Avenue, was cited for improper backing after backing out of a driveway onto Franklin and striking a car driven by Stephanie Baker, of East Ninth Street, at 10:47 a.m. Saturday.
– Angela Woods, 18, of Green Beaver Road, Canfield, and Bridgett Riley, 18, of Allen Drive, Salem, were each charged with underage consumption after police were called at 5:41 a.m. Saturday to the high school parking lot for a car doing burnouts. The vehicle was located and a traffic stop initiated in the 300 block of West State Street where the driver, Woods, denied doing burnouts, but both were cited for underage consumption of alcohol.
– Police were called at 4:15 a.m. Saturday to the 900 block of Homewood Avenue for a report of a person attempting to kick in the front door of a residence. Officers found several people in the street and one man said he received a text message from the female inside the residence who said the male she lives with was throwing her around. The male and female inside the residence were contacted and said there was an argument. She left for the night.
– A caller at 2:54 a.m. Saturday reporting someone standing on a vehicle in the 400 block of South Ellsworth Avenue. An officer made contact with a woman who said she was not standing on her vehicle, but was waiting for a cab.
– A fight was reported at 2:26 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East School Street, but no fight or disturbance was found.
– Britney Dermotta, 26, of 669 S. Union Ave., was charged with domestic violence after police were called to her residence for a domestic dispute at 1:50 a.m. Saturday and learned an assault occurred.
– Police were called to the 200 block of Vine Avenue at 12:53 a.m. Saturday for unknown people knocking on apartment doors. A female told police she was trying to contact a male tenant because she was worried for his welfare. An officer made contact with him and he was okay.
– Douglas Smith, 41, and Amber Smith, 31, both of 228 Vine Ave., were each charged with domestic violence after police were called to their apartment for a domestic in progress at 10:01 p.m. Friday. Both had visible injuries and Douglas Smith was taken to Salem Community Hospital for treatment of his injuries. Both were taken to the Columbiana County jail. Amber Smith had been to the police station earlier at 9:22 p.m. to report being locked out of the apartment by her husband. Police had been called to the apartment at 8:02 p.m. for the two of them arguing over household matters. They had been told their options.
– A domestic was reported at 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue, but the people had just left in a vehicle. The vehicle was located on Pershing Street and stopped. The people involved said they had a heated verbal dispute, but nothing physical.
– Cynthia Hicks, of the 1000 block of 10th Street, reported at 9:20 p.m. Friday that a vehicle drove through her lawn and damaged some yard lights.
– A dispute reported in the 500 block of Franklin Street at 9:13 p.m. Friday turned out to be a verbal matter. Both sides agreed to stay away from each other.
– A semi truck was reported parked on Southeast Boulevard near Tanglewood at 8:51 p.m. Friday. The driver was contacted and said he was attempting to put the vehicle in his driveway and would move it shortly.
– A barking dog was reported at 8:26 p.m. Friday on Pershing Street, but no violation was observed.
– A reckless vehicle was reported at 8:26 p.m. Friday on Vine Avenue. An officer located the vehicle and spoke to the owner who said the vehicle is having mechanical issues and he’s in the process of fixing it.
– A domestic dispute was reported at 6:52 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of Ohio Avenue where people involved reported a verbal altercation over visitation. Options were explained to both sides.
– A fight was reported in the 400 block of Franklin Street at 6:10 p.m. Friday. People involved said they had a verbal dispute. All were told their options.
– Karen Diver, of Duck Creek Road, reported at 5:44 p.m. Friday that someone keyed the front driver side and rear passenger side of her vehicle while it was parked in a lot in the 300 block of East State Street.
– Police were called at 4:40 p.m. Friday for people riding bikes on a property in the 200 block of North Lincoln Avenue. A security guard pointed them out to an officer who spoke to them and told them they can’t ride there.
– Scott Wickersham, of the 900 block of South Union Avenue, reported at 4:11 p.m. Friday that someone stole his Internet modem.
– A man in the 700 block of East Third Street at 1:53 p.m. Friday showed officers his back yard where he found several boxes, clothes baskets, tools and other miscellaneous items thrown around. He didn’t know anything about it, but recognized a woman in a photograph in a photo album. An officer went to a Fifth Street residence and found it vacant with someone changing the locks. He returned to the man’s Third Street property and found the woman and another man cleaning up. They had left the stuff there and knew the resident. They planned to talk with him and clean everything up.
– Police were called at 11:45 a.m. Friday to Rose Avenue and East Fourth Street for a parking complaint, but found no safety hazard or driveways blocked by a truck with a load of dirt and two men working nearby.
– Charles Dorsey, of Sharp Street, was cited for no license and operating a vehicle under the influence after a traffic stop at 10:24 p.m. Thursday on South Ellsworth Avenue at Franklin Street.
– Clara Williams, 71, of South Pricetown Road, Berlin Center, was cited for failure to yield after attempting to turn left onto Pershing Street from Southeast Boulevard and colliding with a vehicle driven by Dianne Madjarac, 59, of Eastview Drive, who was also on Southeast Boulevard, at 1:10 p.m. Thursday.