East Liverpool man charged with aggravated robbery, failure to notify
LISBON -An East Liverpool man who is accused of robbing a cab driver at knife point was among those open indictments handed down this week by the Columbiana County Common Pleas Court grand jury.
Randy A. Savors, Jr., 35, Harvey Avenue, East Liverpool, is charged with aggravated robbery, failure to notify of a change of address and failure to verify a residential address. Savors reportedly had a knife and brandished it during a theft offense in Wellsville on June 14, 2013. Additionally, he reportedly moved in May and did not notify the sheriff of his change of address following a rape conviction from March 1997. Additionally he had a previous May 2012 conviction for failing to register a change of address.
The grand jury heard 28 cases, issuing 14 secret indictments and another 14 open indictments.
The remaining open indictments were for:
– Mitchel O. Lacey, 41, Bethesda Road, Hanoverton, charged with receiving stolen property. Lacey allegedly had a pickup belonging to Robert Federer Sr. on April 1.
– Charitey Ann Marie Riggs, 19, Oak Street, Salem, is charged with theft and forgery. Riggs allegedly on Feb. 26 had a check belonging to Rebecca L. Simpson and forged it on Feb. 27.
– Matthew P. Stoffer, 27, North Cross Street, Columbiana, is charged with theft. Court documents allege Stoffer in the months of March through May 2013 deprived the city of Columbiana of electric distribution wire and light pole anchors valued at more than $7,500 and less than $150,000.
– Seth S. Robinson, 27, state Route 45, Lisbon, is charged with theft for allegedly taking a diamond ring belonging to Deborah Erdel on March 5.
– Brandon D. Stephens, 23, Hazel Street, East Liverpool, is charged with burglary. Court documents allege Stephens trespassed into the home of Rachelle Greathouse, Edgewood Street, East Liverpool on May 5.
– Sheldon L. Robinson, 39, Crestview Road, Columbiana, is charged with two counts of failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer. According to court documents, Robinson twice fled from police in a vehicle on May 11.
– Matthew P. Bailey, 34, Lisbon-Dungannon Road, Lisbon, is charged with two counts of carrying a concealed weapon, one for a loaded .38-caliber handgun and another misdemeanor count for a knife, both of which he allegedly had in his possession on May 6. Additionally, Bailey is charged with illegal possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs for alleged items to create methamphetamine.
– David J. Daniels III, 37, South Main Street, Columbiana, is charged with domestic violence for allegedly harming Amanda Daniels on May 15 after he already was convicted of domestic violence in January in County Municipal Court.
– William E. Van Dyke II, state Route 45, Wellsville, is charged with domestic violence for reportedly harming Shelda Keefer on May 18, after he already was convicted of a previous domestic violence charge in December 2001.
– Mark S. Fraser Jr., 39, Alpha Street, East Liverpool, is charged with burglary. Fraser allegedly trespassed into the home of Michael Densmore, Homestead Drive, East Liverpool on May 13 with the intent of committing a criminal offense.
– James A. Hawk, 48, McKinley Street, Salineville, is charged with felonious assault for allegedly harming Ray Callehan with a knife on June 1.
– John A. Stoffer, 50, South Broadway, Salem, charged with illegal possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, illegal manufacture of drugs, having weapons under a disability and three counts of possession of drugs. According to court documents, on Feb. 17 Stoffer had both heroin and methamphetamine in his possession. Additionally, he reportedly had heroin on May 30 and was in the process of manufacturing methamphetamines in close proximity to a school.
– Lawrence C. Heck, 32, 14th Street, Wellsville, is charged with theft. Court documents alleged on June 7 he took miscellaneous computers and surround sound equipment from WalMart on Dresden Avenue, East Liverpool.