– At 3:09 a.m. Tuesday, a Ford F-150 driven by William Hartley, 32, 16493 Samuel St., East Liverpool, was southbound on state Route 7 and failed to maintain control, went off the right side of the road and stuck a mailbox, a ditch, an embankment, and a second mailbox before coming to a stop. The officer smelled an odor of alcohol and observed Hartley’s eyes to be red and glassy. After a test, he was determined to be impaired and was cited for OVI and reasonable control.
– Travis Pancake, 18, 49589 Pancake-Clarkson Road, Rogers, was parked in a private drive on a Honda motorcycle facing westbound when a black vehicle traveling eastbound went off the left side of the road and sideswiped him. The black vehicle fled and was unable to be located at 9:05 p.m. Monday.
– Lauren Lipp, 58, 47627 Pancake-Clarkson Road, Rogers, was stopped in the roadway in a Chevy Trailblazer in the eastbound lane to retrieve mail from the mailbox and she opened the door to pick up a piece of mail that fell out of her vehicle. The vehicle was not in park and coasted into a yard off the left side of the road and crossed the road, continuing off the right side of the road, striking a cluster of trees at 4 p.m. Thursday.
– Candace Zaperach-Bailey, 66, 1540 Lisbon St., East Liverpool, was traveling southbound on state Route 11 when her Ford Explorer began smoking and caught fire at 4:15 p.m. Thursday.
– On Aug. 9 at 11 p.m., Brian Mulch, 57, 6691 state Route 7, New Waterford, was driving a Hyundi Accent traveling west on state Route 558 and drove off the right side of the road, then off the left side and struck an embankment. He was cited for OVI and failure to control.
– Jacob Clemmer, 19, 50492 Pancake-Clarkson Road, Negley, was traveling west on Middle Beaver Road when the vehicle lost control on the wet road, traveled off the right side and struck a ditch where it overturned and came to a rest on the roof at 7:45 a.m. Wednesday.
– Joshua Elerick, 18, Ride Street, Leetonia, was traveling north on state Route 9 in Butler Township at 1:30 a.m. Saturday when he drove off the road, striking three trees. Elerick was flown to St. Elizabeth’s in Youngstown for injuries. While at St. E’s, Elerick reportedly admitted to having purchased and drank alcohol to keep him awake and also smoked marijuana earlier in the day. He was cited for failure to control and OVI.
– A semi-truck owned by Berner Trucking, Dover, and driven by Vernon Burke Jr., 62, Dennison, was driving on state Route 39 in Yellow Creek Township at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday when Burke drove off the road, hitting a pole. Burke was cited for failure to control.
– During an OVI checkpoint on state Route 45 in Perry Township at 8:25 p.m. Friday, Audrey Skidmore, 73, Duck Creek Road, Salem, drove into the rear of Wendy Stiffler, 54, Lexington Avenue, Salem, who had been stopped at the checkpoint. Skidmore was cited for assured clear distance.
– Mary Leech, 39, Alliance, was driving on U.S. 62 when she was struck in the back by Desiree Masters, 18, South Johnson Road, Sebring. Masters was cited for failure to assure clear distance.
– John Treleven, 28, Jones Drive, Salem, was traveling north on state Route 14 in Perry Township at 2:05 a.m. Friday when he struck the back of a truck owned by BFI of Ohio, Youngstown, driven by Jesse Childester, 42, Grandview Avenue, East Palestine. Trevelen and his passenger, Tamara Pittman, 32, South Union Avenue, Salem, were taken to St. Elizabeth’s in Youngstown. Police detected a strong odor on Treleven’s breath along with slurred speech and glassy eyes. Treleven will be cited for OVI pending lab results, the patrol said.
– Dillan Reynolds, 16, Park Place Avenue, East Liverpool, was traveling south on state Route 7 in Madison Township at 9:45 a.m. Friday when he was drove off to avoid Jodi Linger, 54, Leslie Road, Lisbon, as she was driving from Leslie Road toward Reynolds’ general direction. Reynolds, in the process, hit an embankment and stop sign. Linger contended, however, that vegetation at the intersection of Leslie Road and state Route 7 prevented her from a clear view. Linger was cited for failure to yield at a stop sign.
– Eric Ross, 45, Youngstown, was driving south on state Route 7 in Fairfield Township at 12:10 p.m. Sunday when he lost control, struck a traffic sign, and drove into a ditch. Ross was cited for failure to control.
– Omar Forero, 30, Canton, was driving east on U.S. 30 in Center Township at 7 a.m. Sunday when the left front tire blew out. As he was attempted to pull into a driveway, he went off the road and struck a mailbox before landing in a field. No charges were filed.
– Police were called to an accident scene at Scotts Mill Road, Rogers, at 5:40 p.m. Sunday where they met with the property owner, Sonya Thompson. She said a white male drove off onto her property, severely damaging her mailbox. In addition to the mailbox, the male also struck a cement drain pipe and re-entered the roadway before parking on the side of the road and walking away. Despite several attempts by the Leetonia Police Department, where a reportedly registered owner resides, the driver and actual owner of the vehicle has not been found. The investigation will continue as soon as more information is gathered.
– John Packard, 73, Minerva, was at a stop sign in a construction zone on U.S. 30 in Center Township at 1:40 p.m. Thursday when he was struck in the rear by Todd Stout, 41, U.S. 30, Kensington. Packard veered into traffic while Stout drove off the road. Stout was cited for failure to assure clear distance.
-Robert J. Kesseg, 43, Valley Road, Damascus, was driving down Township Road 832, a loose gravel road, at 1:11 a.m. Aug. 17 where he lost control and drove off the road, hit an embankment and overturned. An officer noticed visible impairment on Kesseg, including a strong odor. Kesseg refused a sobriety test, and was cited for OVI as well as failure to control.
– Robert J. Stanton Jr., 60, Youngstown, was northbound on state Route 11 in Elkrun Township at 4:43 p.m. Wednesday and was struck by Patsy J. Villano, 80, Hubbard, who went across the center line. She was cited for marked lanes.
– Joseph C. Foor, 55, Warren, was northbound on state Route 558 in Unity Township at 9:53 p.m. Tuesday and attempted to turn right onto state Route 46 and went off the right side into a stop sign and overturned, then slid off the left side of the road. He was cited for failure to control and taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries.
– Donald W. Logan, 87, New Castle, Pa., was westbound on state Route 154 in Middleton Township at 12:40 p.m. Tuesday and Morgan R. Parker, 26, Alice Street, East Palestine, was eastbound and attempted to turn north onto Pioneer Road and struck Logan. Parker was cited for right of way.
– Scott A. Baumgartner, 42, Alliance, was southbound on state Route 45 in Salem at 8:15 p.m. Sunday and struck Tara A. Gray, 17, Schneider Road, Hanoverton, who was westbound on Salem Grange Road. Gray was cited for failure to yield and Baumgartner was taken to Salem Hospital with non-incapacitating injuries.
– Timothy Lee Medeiros II, 22, Maple Avenue, Wellsville, was westbound on state Route 39 in Yellow Creek Township at 1:29 p.m. Aug. 4 and went off the right side into a guardrail, then went off the left side into a guardrail and overturned. He and a passenger, Mackenzie Rae Stacey, 21, Firestone Avenue, Columbiana, were taken to East Liverpool Hospital with incapacitating injuries and Medeiros was cited for OVI.
– Brian D. Mulch, 57, state Route 7, New Waterford, was westbound on state Route 558 in Unity Township at 11 p.m. Aug. 9 and went off the right side, then went off the left side into an embankment. He was cited for OVI and failure to control.
– John P. Peuterbaugh, 39, state Route 9, Hanoverton, and Melinda G. Best, 44, state Route 558, Leetonia, were northbound on state Route 9 and Best stopped at a four-way stop and was struck by Peuterbaugh. He was cited for assured clear distance.
– Ryan S. Milan, 21, East Fifth Avenue, East Liverpool, was northeastbound on state Route 9 in Butler Township at 12:15 p.m. Sunday and drove off the east side causing the trailer he was towing to go into a ditch, hit a pole and then a rock and then re-enter the road and overturn. He was cited for failure to control.
– Bree D. Jackson, 29, Steubenville-Pike, Lisbon, was northbound on Steubenville-Pike at 7:10 p.m. Monday and went off the right side into an embankment. She was cited for failure to control.
– Gretchen M. Emch, 41, Keyann Lane, New Waterford, and Jesse N. Ieropoli, 22, Rose Drive, Lisbon, were westbound on state Route 558 in Fairfield Township at 3:50 p.m. July 31 and Emch stopped at the red light at the state Route 7 intersection and was struck by Ieropoli. Ieropoli was cited for assured clear distance.
– James W. Oblisk, 55, of Sebring, was driving on Winona Road in Butler Township at 1 p.m. Saturday, causing Russell A. Leyman Jr., 42, of Sebring swerve to avoid an accident. Leyman overcorrected and slid off the road and into a fence.
– Vernon M. Elwonger, 61, of Columbiana, was cited for failure to yield after he ran a stop sign and his car struck a motorcycle operated by Taylor A. Murdoch, 29, of Youngstown at the intersection of state Route 164 and Route 344 in Fairfield Township at 3:34 p.m. Sunday. Murdoch and his passenger declined treatment at the scene.
– David C. Brown, 58, of Rogers, was cited for failure to control after his abandoned Corvette was found nearly in Guilford Lake at 7 a.m. Saturday. Brown said the Corvette “got away” from him while driving on Eastlake Road and went off the road and over an embankment before coming to rest at the lake’s edge. Brown said the accident occurred about 1:30 a.m. and he called his daughter for a ride. He contacted the highway patrol later that day.
– Heather N. Kirby, 19, of Salem, was driving on Butcher Road in Salem Township at 10:30 a.m. Friday when she swerved to miss an oncoming vehicle, striking a tree.
– Sandra L. Sattler, 40, of East Liverpool, was cited for assured cleared distance after she drove into the rear of an SUV driven by Sylvia E. Haupt, 60, of Rogers. The accident occurred on state Route 7 in Middleton Township as Haupt slowed to turn onto Church Street at 12:18 p.m. Thursday. Haupt was cited for driving with expired plates.
– Ethan H. Smith, 16, of Rogers, was cited for failure to control after he went off the road, striking a guardrail and coming back onto the road and striking an unoccupied parked vehicle owned by James O. Burkey, state Route 154, Lisbon. The accident occurred at the intersection of Route 154 and Lusk Lock Road in Elkton at 7 a.m. Thursday. Smith said he fell asleep at the wheel.
– Matthew Patrick Soldo, 33, Hilltop Drive, Lisbon, was westbound Sell Road in Center Township at 11:35 a.m. Tuesday and went off the left side into a fence.
– Chad E. Grimes, 30, Benton Road, Salem, and John J. Canestraro, 52, West Egypt Road, Minerva, were northbound on Bayard Road in West Township at 12:25 p.m. Sunday, and Grimes reported that when he slowed so Canestraro could pass, Canestraro struck the rear of his vehicle and then continued on. Troopers later contacted Canestraro, who said he stopped to check the vehicle and left after not seeing any damage. He was cited for assured clear distance and leaving the scene.
– Robert B. Weekly Jr., 46, Sebring, was eastbound on Homeworth Road in Knox Township at 7:24 p.m. Friday and began to make a left turn onto Georgetown Road and was struck by Violet M. Coblentz, 37, Louisville, Ohio, who was northbound on Homeworth Avenue and failed to stop. She was cited for stop sign.
– Randall S. Altman, 45, state Route 9, Hanoverton, was southbound on Gavers Road in Fairfield Township at 4:42 p.m. Friday and began to turn left onto state Route 14 and Luann Dunham, 53, West Garfield Road, Salem, was northbound from a private drive and failed to yield and struck his vehicle. She was cited for failure to yield.
– Alan M. Littelton, 18, Mohican Trail, Negley, was westbound on Pancake-Clarkson Road in Middleton Township at 3:40 p.m. Friday and went off the right side, over-corrected, went off the left side and struck an embankment. He was cited for failure to control.
– Edward J. Lanterman, 37, Youngstown, and Edward J. Miller, 16, Creek Road, New Waterford, were northbound on state Route 7 and Lanterman slowed in traffic and was struck by Miller. No citations were issued.
– Jeffery S. Bailey, 39, Endley Road, Lisbon, was southeastbound on state Route 45 in Madison Township at 7:20 p.m. Thursday and Lytha A. Hursky, 62, state Route 518, Lisbon, was northwestbound and failed to yield while turning left onto West Point Road and was struck by Bailey. Hursky was cited for failure to yield.
– Stephen J. Pollack Jr., 52, Youngstown, was westbound no U.S. 30 in West Township at 3:39 p.m. July 24 and Charles A. McLaughlin, 51, Paris, Ohio, was northbound on Lynchburg Road and failed to stop at a stop sign and struck Pollack. McLaughlin was cited for stop sign and taken to Alliance Hospital with incapacitating injuries.
– Richard B. Ketchum, 32, Academy Street, Salineville, was eastbound on state Route 39 in Washington Township at 6:30 p.m. July 23 and a tree fell and struck his vehicle.
– Lori Ann Anderson, 46, Spillway Road, Lisbon, was southbound on Depot Road in Butler Township at 10:50 a.m. Tuesday and went off the left side into a ditch and a fence post. She was cited for failure to control.
– Wendy S. Phillips, 63, West Fourth Street, Salem, was stopped eastbound on state Route 558 in Salem Township at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and waiting to turn north onto Lisbon Road and Ronald R. Cook, 65, Bunker Hill Road, Leetonia, was southbound on Lisbon Road and attempting to turn east onto state Route 558 and struck Phillips. Cook was cited for right of way.
– Briana L. Ricciardi, 22, Princeton Avenue, East Liverpool, was northbound on state Route 7 in Madison Township at 10:30 a.m. Sunday and was struck by Abby J. Atwood, 25, Elson Street, East Liverpool, who was also northbound and failed to stop. Atwood was cited for assured clear distance and driving under suspension.