– Firefighters responded to a report of an arcing, smoking dishwasher at Grace Woods Senior Living on Benton Road at 3:11 p.m. Monday. No arcing or smoking was found, but firefighters did find the electrical breaker had been tripped. The dishwasher was checked for elevated temperatures, but everything was normal. The staff was advised to have the equipment serviced.
– Firefighters responded to a report of a smoke odor in the laundry room at Essex II of Salem on Continental Drive at 1:43 p.m. Tuesday and found a malfunctioning air conditioner window unit. The unit was removed and the smell dissipated.
– Firefighters were called at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday by Salem Police for smoke coming out of the boiler room at the Salem Public Library, 821 E. State St. A slight haze was found in the basement and the problem was found to be a generator transfer switch which was charred from a power surge in the area. Power to the generator was shut off and an employee was told to contact an electrician to fix the problem.