Hanover Township

– The Hanover Township Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at the Woodale residence on Schneider Road at 10:43 a.m. Tuesday. Fire Chief Frank Baker said the wood-burner chimney overheated, likely because of creosote buildup, igniting a wooden decorative structure surrounding the outdoor portion of the chimney. The fire was extinguished before firefighters arrived, but Baker said they checked the chimney and walls, cleaned out the fire box and also dumped a fire-retardant material down the chimney to be safe.