– The fire department responded to a fire alarm going off at the Days Inn at 10:45 a.m. Thursday. The response was called off after it was learned that it was a malfunctioning alarm.
– Firefighters responded to the Smith Center on Fourth Street for an odor of smoke reported at 9:48 p.m. Wednesday. A resident had fallen asleep while cooking bacon and the bacon was burned in the pan.
– The fire department responded to a report of natural gas in the vicinity of Carter Lumber at 3:07 a.m. Monday. No gas could be detected.
– Columbiana firefighters responded to the Dutch Village Inn at 3:31 p.m. Sunday for a fire alarm. A 2-year-old had pulled the alarm.
– At 7:50 p.m. firefighters went to an Old North home for a report of a natural gas odor.