– Firefighters were called at 2:33 p.m. Monday to Smith Oil, 968 E. State St., for a natural gas odor, but found none.
– Firefighters responded to the 500 block of Prospect Street after police reported at 8:02 p.m. Sunday that American Standard security guards could see white smoke coming from a business. A resident was discovered open burning and told to add no more to the fire because it was getting too large.
– A motorist reported seeing a brush fire in front of a home on state Route 164 north at 9:38 p.m. Sunday. The fire, which was just over the Center Township line, turned out to be someone burning leaves along the road.
– The fire department responded to a car fire at 11098 Steubenville Pike at 7:25 a.m. Monday. The owner reported the car overheated after they pulled into the driveway and it caught fire five minutes later.
– Marv McKinsey reported seeing a previously demolished house on fire on state Route 45 one mile south of the Lisbon highway patrol post at 5:29 p.m. Tuesday. The small fire in the rubble was extinguished by firefighters.
– Bill Bryan, U.S. Route 30, reported at 5:21 p.m. Tuesday there was a small brush fire on his neighbor’s property and it was spreading more onto his property because of the windy conditions. The fire was entirely on the neighbor’s property and encompassed a 5- by 5-foot section, according to Chief David Lewton.
– Firefighters were called at 12:17 p.m. Wednesday to the 500 block of Stewart Avenue where a carbon monoxide detector was going off. An investigation revealed the carbon monoxide detector was malfunctioning. The resident was told to replace it.
– Firefighters were called at 6:59 p.m. Thursday to the 200 block of West Pershing Street for a grass fire, finding an illegal cookout spread to the fence line, burning grass, leaves and spreading into a line of evergreens. The fire measured 15 by 30 and was extinguished with tank water. Some of the surrounding area was watered down.
– Firefighters helped with a lift assist at 40908 state Route 154 at 8:49 p.m. Thursday.
– The fire department was asked to assist in fighting a grass fire at 5394 Roberts Road at 5:47 p.m. Thursday.
– The fire department was called to a brush fire at 42631 state Route 517 at 3:40 p.m. Thursday.
– The fire department responded to a brush fire at 42627 state Route 517 at 3:37 p.m. Thursday.
– Firefighters were called to Lower Elkton Road at 3:39 p.m. Tuesday after Roger Crowl reported a grass fire was burning behind the shop at the corner. EMS and city police also responded. At 5:38 p.m. firefighters and EMS were called to a brush fire at 2349 state Route 164. At 6:32 p.m. fire and EMS were called to a small brush fire at 574 Windjammer Drive.
– The fire department responded to a report of a brush fire at the home of Chelsea Joy, Hilltop Drive, Center Township, at 3:11 p.m. Monday. Joy said they were burning in a barrel when the grass caught fire and spread to bushes between house trailers.
– The fire department was called to a brush fire at the Germanovich property on Steubenville Pike in Center Township at 1:58 p.m., although the fire was begun by someone named Stewart.
– The fire department responded at 8:43 p.m. Monday to a request for assistance from the West Point Fire Department, which was fighting a brush fire on Black Road between state Route 518 and Applegate Road.
– Firefighters were called at 8:58 p.m. Sunday to check a residence in the 400 block of Park Avenue for carbon monoxide. The CO detector was in alarm mode. Firefighters found no carbon monoxide present, but the natural gas to the hot water tank was shut off because of a venting problem. The resident was told to make needed repairs.
– The fire department was called to assist at a traffic accident on state Route 172 at Gamble Road in Center Township at 2:07 a.m. Sunday.