– Firefighters were called at 7:48 a.m. Tuesday to the 1200 block of Cedar Ridge after a resident reported a porch light caught fire. The fire had already been extinguished, but the resident wanted the fire department to check the fixture. Two light fixtures were removed from the porch and the breakers shut off. The resident was told not to turn the breakers back on until an electrician can make repairs. The cause of the fire was found to be bird nests in the light fixture.
– Firefighters responded to a report of an odor of natural gas at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of Franklin Avenue. Upon arrival, they detected the odor and called Columbia Gas to respond. The gas company found the source of the leak and advised the scene was safe.