– Firefighters were called at 7:43 a.m. Tuesday for a line down in the 300 block of East Sixth Street. Ohio Edison was contacted to respond.
– Firefighters were called at 11:20 a.m. Wednesday to the 100 block of West Fourth Street where a resident in a duplex reported hearing a smoke detector going off in the adjoining apartment. Upon arrival, the front door was wide open and a light smoke haze was noticed with a burning smell. In the kitchen, a small sauce pan had become dry while whole potatoes were being boiled and began burning inside the pan. The burner was bright red. The range top was turned off and the pan taken outside. No residents were found downstairs or in upstairs bedrooms. A third bedroom had a key padlock on it and was locked. Police were called after no one answered the door. The screws were removed from the locked metal brace to gain entry and ensure no one was locked inside and had become incapacitated. A candle was found burning on the dresser inside the locked bedroom and was extinguished, but no one was found inside.