– The fire department was called to the Day’s Inn at 10:52 p.m. Sunday, but it turned out to be due to a malfunctioning alarm.
– Firefighters responded to a 1300 block East Pershing Street home at 10:12 p.m. Saturday after police reported a resident burning a tree stump and plywood. The resident was warned about open burning laws and the fire was extinguished.
– Firefighters responded to the 500 block of Jennings Avenue at 3:53 a.m. Sunday after police reported a haze and smell of smoke in the area. Personnel discovered a small authorized campfire in the 400 block of Howard Avenue, but nothing else.