– Laura C. Blake, 47, of 418 E. Third St., was charged with disorderly conduct persisting after police were called at 2:23 p.m. Thursday for a domestic in progress in the 400 block of East Third Street. The report said one of the roommates began yelling and cursing at the other female roommate and making verbal threats towards her safety. The reportedly aggressive female was told two times to calm down and stop, but she continued and was placed under arrest. Blake was processed and taken to the Columbiana County jail.

– A man reported finding a social security card at Walmart on East State Street at 12:43 p.m. Thursday. The card will be kept at the police station until the owner is found.

– The manager of the Salem Elks at 824 E. State St. reported at 11:23 a.m. Thursday that it appeared someone had been in the building, but no point of entry could be determined.

– A woman from Fairview Avenue came to the police station at 11:19 a.m. Thursday in reference to her son being mentioned in an article in the paper. She said what the article said about her son is not true and that he’s being falsely accused of something that he had nothing to do with. She told police she has proof of her son’s whereabouts and wanted the incident documented.

– A caller from a business in the 100 block of Railroad Street reported at 11 a.m. Thursday that sometime overnight, an unknown person forced open the front door to the business, damaging the door frame. Once inside, the person removed several items that management knows are missing. They’ll advise if they find anything else taken.

– Police responded to the 400 block of East Third Street at 10:16 a.m. Thursday for a report of criminal damaging. Officers found that two people living at the location have been having an ongoing dispute and one resident has been trying to evict the other. No evidence of criminal damaging could be found. Both were told their options.

– Police were called at 9:50 a.m. Thursday by someone on Monroe Street for a vehicle blocking traffic. The vehicle was a delivery truck bringing food to Circle of Care. Traffic was able to get through.

– A woman in the 400 block of Franklin Avenue reported at 3:23 a.m. Thursday that her alarm went off at her residence and she found the front door partially open. Police didn’t find anyone.

– Police were called to the 900 block of East State Street at 11:50 p.m. Wednesday for a suspicious vehicle in the lot. Officers found it was the same person still in the lot from an earlier complaint. He had been wanting to use the air pump but another vehicle was blocking access. He said he was fine and was talking on a cell phone and leaving shortly.

– A suspicious vehicle was reported parked in the rear lot of a business in the 2200 block of East State Street at 11:28 p.m. Wednesday. No one was around and the business was secure.

– Police were called at 11:23 p.m. Wednesday to Walmart on East State Street for a male possibly thinking of harming himself. He was being terminated from a local business and made comments about harming himself. He agreed to seek medical treatment and was taken to Salem Regional Medical Center.

– Police responded to Jennings Avenue and West Third Street at 11:03 p.m. Wednesday for a suspicious person in a vehicle. The report said a man was in a vehicle sitting in the middle of the street and made odd comments when asked if he was okay. Police were unable to locate the vehicle, but later found it in the parking lot of a gas station. The man said he was okay.

– A report at 10:44 p.m. Wednesday said police dispatch received two phone calls from an intoxicated male who provided some information but was rambling on and tying up the phone line. He would only give his first name. Another agency was able to track the calls to a Salem address and an officer responded, thanking the man for the information. He was told though that he could not continue calling emergency resources to provide information he had already given.

– A caller at 10:34 p.m. Wednesday reported yelling and a possible fight in the area of East Third Street and Rose Avenue. Officers did not hear any disturbance other than a group of children on a front porch who said they had no problems and didn’t hear anything.

– A man from the 100 block of South Lincoln Avenue reported at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday that he reported his cell phone stolen earlier in the day and an application from the phone located it in the 300 block of South Lincoln Avenue. An officer attempted to make contact with a resident but wasn’t able to find anything out.

– A dispute was reported at 7:36 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Jalisco’s where a boyfriend and girlfriend had a verbal dispute while inside the restaurant. The man reportedly threw food at the woman. Nobody was assaulted, injured or threatened, but the woman was extremely agitated. She left and he called someone for a ride.

– A dog at large was reported at 6:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West 10th Street where a man said his neighbor’s dogs were loose and came into his yard barking and would not leave. An officer gave the neighbor a verbal warning for animal at large.

– Angela Mullet, 50, of 279 W. Fourth St., was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to the Columbiana County jail after police were called to the 200 block of West Fourth Street for a dog at large and a barking dog. An officer saw an unfenced dog barking excessively and contacted the owner, who said she was on her way home. Upon arrival, the owner began screaming and swearing at the neighbors across the street. She was given warnings to stop, but continued to scream at her neighbors and was placed under arrest.

– A barking dog was reported at 6:08 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of East Fourth Street. Police discovered it was coming from East Third Street and talked to the owner, who took the dog inside.

– John Riley, of the 400 block of Fair Avenue, reported at 4:20 p.m. Wednesday that someone entered the garage on Tuesday and took a bicycle.

– Officers checked on lines reported down at 1:28 p.m. Wednesday on West 10th Street. They were found to be phone or cable and were pulled to the side. The phone and cable companies were being contacted.