— The fire department responded to a 200 block Rose Avenue home at 5:36 p.m. Friday in reference to a natural gas odor and found the resident had been cooking something that boiled over, extinguishing the burner and causing the gas leak. The gas was shut off to the stove and a resident was transported by ambulance to the Salem hospital due to feeling ill.

— The fire department responded to the 500 block of Aetna Street at 1:56 p.m. Saturday in reference to a loud explosion and smoke coming from a house, but fire fighters were unable to find the source of the reported explosion.