— Firefighters responded at 2:50 p.m. Tuesday to the 4000 block of Ellsworth Avenue for an odor of natural gas in an upstairs apartment. They learned someone in the downstairs apartment had been spraying a cleaning agent, causing the odor.

— Firefighters responded at 6:02 p.m. Monday to a second floor fire alarm in the 2000 block of Pearce Circle where a resident met personnel at the front door and said he had burned food on the stove that caused smoke to fill the house. Fire personnel ventilated the house to remove the smoke.