— An official with Catholic Charities called at 12:19 p.m. Thursday to say they were concerned about a woman who showed up at the door. Police arrived and spoke to Nicole Hilton, who said she was homeless. Police asked about her apartment, and Hilton said it had no heat and she was cold. Hilton was told to contact her caseworker and then given a ride back to her apartment.

— Police stopped a car with a loud exhaust on East High Street at 8 p.m. Thursday and advised the driver, Maranda C. Halligan, why she had been pulled over. Police immediately detected the odor of marijuana and passenger Justin R. McVay handed over a case with marijuana inside. A search of the vehicle turned up a four-pack of blunt wraps by McVay, 27, of Wellsville Avenue, Lisbon. He was cited for marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia, while Halligan was cited for loud exhaust and no license plate light.


— A resident in the 400 block of North Broadway Avenue reported a possible burglary at 3:53 a.m. Friday, saying someone had possibly entered her home while she was sleeping and tampered with her cell phone. The case on the phone was missing and the phone would not dial out. She said it’s a prepaid minutes phone and the minutes were just put on it the day before. Nothing else was reported missing.

— A woman in the 500 block of Continental Drive reported hearing what sounded like someone knocking on her windows at 3:38 a.m. Friday. Police did not locate anyone or see any footprints.

— Suspicious activity was reported at 2:12 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of South Cunningham Road. A man said his garage motion sensor went off. Officers responded and checked the area, but there were no signs of anything suspicious.

— Officers on patrol at 1:19 a.m. Friday saw a male and female involved in a dispute in the 1100 block of East State Street and made contact with the couple who were boyfriend and girlfriend. The dispute was verbal only. Domestic violence laws were explained and both said they were ok and could peacefully resolve the issues.

— A car alarm was going off at 12:07 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of West 10th Street. A man said his alarm went off but he didn’t see anyone near the vehicle.

— An officer at 11:21 p.m. Thursday assisted an Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper on a traffic stop in the 2400 block of East State Street where an odor of marijuana was observed coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was searched but no contraband was recovered.

— Police were called at 10:52 p.m. Thursday to the 300 block of North Lundy Avenue for a report of suspicious activity with multiple vehicles coming and going from a residence in the area. Police did not locate any suspicious vehicles.

— A representative from an out-of-state law enforcement agency spoke to an officer at 10:16 p.m. thursday about a phone scam. The victim of the scam provided information to the detective of the Massachusetts agency that was used to trace a possible source of the call scam back to a person in the Salem area. He planned to call back during the day to request further assistance in the investigation.

— A wallet found at Annabell’s restaurant on Benton Road was turned over to police at 8:35 p.m. Thursday.

— Suspicious activity was reported at 6:52 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Southeast Boulevard where a resident said there were footprints leading up to his door when no one should have been on his property.

— Police responded to Quaker Village, 201 S. Lincoln Ave., for a report of a theft at 5:49 p.m. Thursday. The victim reported someone took a large sum of money from his business, but he was uncertain how much was taken. An investigation is pending.

— An unruly juvenile was reported causing problems at home at 4:15 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of East Third Street. Officers spoke with the juvenile and his mother, who didn’t want anything done in response to the juvenile’s behavior. She was told if she chooses to file an unruly charge, she can go through the court. Officers advised the juvenile what would happen if he continued his negative behavior.

— Wesley Clark, 28, of 420 S. County Road, Washingtonville, was taken into custody on a warrant for failure to appear on an obstruction charge after police were called at 1:50 p.m. Thursday to the 200 block of Vine for a report of squatters inside an apartment. Officers made contact with four people inside and advised all parties that the dispute was civil in nature and told them their options. One of the people, identified as Clark, had an active warrant. He was taken to the police station for processing and was later found in possession of a large number of pills, which were recovered and will be sent to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation for further testing with charges pending the results.

— Police were called at 10:01 a.m. Thursday to the 200 block of Vine for a report of a vehicle parked on the side of the road running for over two hours. Officers saw a man sleeping in the driver’s side front seat and couldn’t get him to wake up so fire department first responders were called to the scene. Before they arrived, the man woke up and refused medical treatment. He said he got into a verbal fight with his girlfriend and came out to sleep in his vehicle.

— A woman from South Madison Avenue reported at 6:51 a.m. Thursday that she found southwest sauce from a local fast food business all over the driver’s side of her vehicle.


— Police responded to the 400 block of Benton Road for a reported domestic dispute at 5:02 p.m. Thursday. Police spoke to both people who had been drinking and started fighting over a cigarette roller. They didn’t want to pursue charges and the male half left for the evening.

— An anonymous caller at 10:52 a.m. Thursday reported a trailer in the 1400 block of state Route 9 that was sitting by the road. The caller believed it was a hazard. An officer checked the area and found the trailer sitting off of the roadway, out of the way of traffic and not a hazard.

— Police were called at 9:08 a.m. Thursday for a deer stuck in a fence behind a property on Shamrock Arbor. The right rear leg of the deer was caught in the fence and the road department was called to respond with bolt cutters. The deer was freed from the fence and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources was contacted and said to leave the deer alone if it wasn’t a road hazard, that it would rest until gaining its strength.

— Police responded at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday to the 1200 block of Georgetown Road for a car vs. deer accident. A car driven by Maxine Primm, 62, of Kensington, struck a deer that ran out while she was westbound. The vehicle was towed from the scene.


— A woman on Washington Street reported at 10:31 a.m. Thursday that her account had been used on Google to order several large items that totaled $1,398. She was able to cancel the order for the items that were being sent to her Leetonia address on Washington Street and ordered on Nov. 25 in her name. She said an email was used to order the items and she needed a police report to get the information she needed. She believed it was done by a family member living with her since four other people live in the home.

— Police were called at 9:03 p.m. Tuesday to the 100 block of Elm Street for a report of an unruly child. A woman at the residence said she had taken in a 17-year-old girl from a group home and she had been defiant toward her and her husband. The girl blocked her on social media and would not allow her access so she shut her computer off and no longer allowed the girl access. The girl had also been leaving the residence to spend time with a male. Police spoke to the girl and had EMS respond to evaluate her. All agreed it would be in the girl’s best interest to be evaluated at a hospital to make sure she was all right. She was transported to a hospital and the woman was told to call back if she has anymore concerns or issues.

— Police were called at 8:31 p.m. Tuesday by the owner of a property in the 400 block of Somer Street regarding a light triggered by a sensor that was not supposed to be on while they were gone. He said a friend was going to check on the residence, so an officer also responded to ensure the friend’s safety. The friend told police everything was secure.