— Salem Police called fire department personnel at 7:19 p.m. Thursday to respond to the 100 block of West Fifth Street where a woman had driven through the back wall of her garage and was trapped in the vehicle. She had called police herself to report the incident and when police arrived, they found that she couldn’t get out. Firefighters found the car had fallen 5 feet to the ground and was resting on the bumper outside on the ground with the rear half of the car inside the garage with the wheels 2 feet in the air. The woman wasn’t injured but was unable to get out of the vehicle. Wedges were placed under the bumper to secure the car and the passenger door was opened and she was lifted out the front passenger door. There was major damage to the north wall but no hazards. The vehicle was pulled back into the garage by a towing company and the woman signed a patient refusal. While completing the form inside the residence, a gas odor was noticed coming from an unused natural gas fireplace. No hazards were found with gas meters, but the gas was shut off to the fireplace and the odor dissipated.
— A dryer was reported smoking at the Kendall House, state Route 154, and the fire alarm was sounding at 7:48 p.m. Thursday.
— A tree was reported down in the area of Pritchard Avenue and Race Road at 12:42 a.m. Friday taking down power lines and causing sparks, possibly with a transformer blowing.
— A tree came down in the area of High Street and Jefferson Street at 1:26 a.m. Friday, taking down wires and a telephone pole.
— Circle K, North Market Street, reported at 6:42 a.m. Friday the store was filling with smoke coming from a pop cooler. Everyone was evacuated from the store until the situation could be checked.
— A Hammond School Road, Wellsville, woman reported at 1:44 p.m. Thursday her husband has Parkinson’s and he had fallen. He was not hurt, but she needed help getting him back up.
— A general fire alarm was reported at a home on Township Line Road at 12:36 a.m. Friday.