— Firefighters were called at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday to Holiday Inn Express, 240 N. Cunningham Road, for a commercial fire alarm, finding that smoke from burnt food in a contained oven caused the alarm. The alarm company called after the fire department arrived to cancel the alarm.

— Firefighters were dispatched at 11:03 p.m. Tuesday to American Standard, 605 S. Ellsworth Ave., for an arcing electrical box with smoke coming off the box. Upon arrival, the electrical box already had power shut down by an electrician on site. Firefighters checked the electrical box and immediate area with a thermal imaging camera. The transformer house outside the main building was also checked. The shift supervisor was told to leave the power off to that area until qualified personnel could make repairs.


— The county sheriff’s office reported at 8:47 p.m. Tuesday there was a large tree across U.S. 30 north of Campbell’s.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)