— An officer responded to a 300 block Stoy Street home at 7:46 p.m. Wednesday where the resident reported her 16-year-old son was being verbally aggressive toward her after she punished him by taking away his phone. The son was advised to obey his mother or face a disorderly conduct charge.

— A Somer Street resident reported at 10:05 p.m. Wednesday that a young teen male from Washingtonville had called her home numerous times looking for her son and had called her a vulgar name while threatening to break out the windows at the home. Officers said they would provide extra patrol in the neighborhood and contacted Washingtonville police about the matter.

— An officer responded to a domestic dispute at a 100 block Bear’s Den Road home at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday after the resident reported his wife had threatened to harm herself. The officer spoke with the wife, who said she was okay. The husband then arrived and the two were permitted time to speak, after which the husband left for the night.

— An officer assisted the highway patrol search for a suspect in a traffic stop on State Street between Madison and Hazel streets at 2:26 a.m. Friday. The suspect, a passenger in the vehicle, identified as Trent L. Willis, East Main Street, Washingtonville, ran from the traffic stop. Beaver Township K-9 also assisted in the search, but officers were unable to locate Willis.


— Police responded to Salem Regional Medical Center at 10:59 p.m. Thursday for an irate male who had been transported there due to an earlier incident. Once he calmed down, officers left.

— A dispute was reported at 10:39 p.m. Thursday between several males in the area of East Fourth Street and Hawley where officers spoke to two males who said they were driving in the area when another male out walking his dog shined a flashlight in the driver’s eyes, leading to the dispute. There was no physical violence or threats and all were sent on their way. The male with the flashlight was warned against shining lights in peoples’ faces, especially while they are driving.

— Police were called at 9 p.m. Thursday to the 400 block of North Lincoln Avenue for a report of an intoxicated/aggressive male inside a residence. Contact was made and the male was confrontational. Prior to police arriving, he allegedly punched holes in the walls, threw a bannister from stairs and damaged other items. He eventually calmed down after speaking with officers for an extended period of time. He was later taken to Salem Regional Medical Center and pink-slipped or involuntarily ordered into treatment.

— A female came to the station at 8:45 p.m. Thursday to report she could not find her sister. Officers attempted contact at her last known whereabouts and were unable to find out where she had gone. She does not live in town and with the family not knowing if she made it to town, the female was told to contact the police department where the sister resides to file a missing person report.

— Suspicious activity was reported in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue where a woman goes to a business after hours to clean and said the lights were on with two males inside. Police found the males were doing maintenance.

— Police spoke to a woman in the 600 block of Olive Street at 5:23 p.m. Thursday about a civil matter. She was told her options.

— Police responded at 5:32 p.m. Thursday to Vine Street for a resident complaint of numerous persons parking all about the area of the food pantry causing problems. Some were in a personal lot assigned for an apartment complex and some were on the sidewalk. Officers found a car on the walk and talked with pantry officials again regarding the ongoing problems.

— Ashley Carlariello, 26, of 606 Olive St., was taken into custody at her residence at 9:49 a.m. Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear on a theft charge.

— Police checked for a dog at large at 9:09 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of East Fourth Street and had dispatch notify the humane officer. The dog did not appear aggressive, but did not want caught.

— A suspicious vehicle was reported at 8:09 a.m. Thursday in the 2800 block of East State Street. The vehicle was located and the registration was checked, with police finding it had expired. The driver was told he needed to get the plates validated as soon as possible.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)