— Police responded to the 600 block of East Pine Lake Road for a male who was choking, arriving with KLG ambulance at 9:55 p.m. Wednesday. The male said it felt like there was a piece of steak stuck in his throat. He was transported to Salem Regional Medical Center.

— Police were called at 9:20 p.m. Wednesday to the 1000 block of Cunningham Road where a man said his 17-year-old daughter wasn’t listening to him. He said he tried to get her to go to church but she refused to go and cursed at him, running upstairs. He just wanted officers to speak with her, which they did.

— An alarm activation was reported at 11:47 a.m. Wednesday on Depot Road. Police found the building secure. The alarm company was sending a service order to fix the problem.

— Jesse Aczel, of Canfield, was cited for reasonable control after losing control of his westbound vehicle on U.S. Route 62, sliding off of the roadway at 6:47 a.m. Wednesday. He wasn’t injured.


— A woman at 5:13 a.m. Thursday reported she was transported to Circle K East, 1125 E. State St., by a known male and went inside the store to buy cigarettes for him since he forgot his ID. She said while she was in the store, he fled with her purse, which she recovered in the parking lot before police arrived. She discovered $200 in cash missing. Another officer went to the suspect’s address but was unable to make contact. An investigation was pending.

— Thomas Phillips Jr., 46, whose last known address was Prospect Street, was cited for driving under suspension and obstruction of official business after police investigated a incident reported at 2:17 a.m. Thursday behind a residence in the 200 block of East Fourth Street. A resident called to say a Dodge Ram truck slid off in the alley and into his yard, becoming stuck. The driver left. An officer saw the damage to the back yard and AAA Towing responded to tow the vehicle. While police were on the scene investigating, a male who is the cousin of the vehicle owner admitted to being behind the wheel of the vehicle but that his cousin called him advising she got the truck stuck and asked him to help her get the truck unstuck. The owner of the vehicle was contacted and said she had been home all night and her truck was supposed to be at her residence. She said she never called her cousin. The male was taken into custody, charged and taken to the Columbiana County jail.

— An alarm drop was reported at 1:35 a.m. Thursday in the 100 block of South Ellsworth Avenue where police checked all exterior entryways and windows and also the interior once the keyholder arrived. Everything appeared normal.

— Police responded at 9:31 p.m. Wednesday to the 500 block of Arch Street for a well-being check. A caller said his father was not answering the door or his phone calls and he was worried due to his father having an issue earlier in the day. Officers made contact with the father who said he was sleeping and nothing was needed.

— A suspicious vehicle was reported at 9:05 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of East Fourth Street where a caller said a car pulled up and put its flashers on, then left. An officer located the vehicle with flashers on parked illegally on the road. A male in the driver’s seat said there were no problems and he was just waiting on somebody to come out of one of the houses. He was advised he was parked illegally. The female he was waiting on came out while police were still there and they were sent on their way.

— A woman in the 1100 block of East Third Street reported at 5:51 p.m. Wednesday that sometime on Wednesday, someone tied a white string to her doorknob. She thought it was suspicious and wanted something on file in case something happened to her residence. She did not know who placed the string there.

— A clerk at Smith Oil on East State Street reported a drive-off at 5:41 p.m. Wednesday when a Ford truck left without paying for $28.73 worth of gas. The vehicle was not found.

— Police responded at 5:27 p.m. Wednesday to a hit/skip in a parking lot in the 100 block of Railroad Street where a vehicle owned by Lauren Alderman of New Waterford was legally parked and struck by an unknown vehicle. The left front door area was damaged.

— A man in the 700 block of West State Street reported at 5:01 p.m. Wednesday that between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday, someone cut the catalytic converter off of his vehicle. He had already had it repaired. A similar report for the same address was filed at 12:56 p.m. for a catalytic converter stolen off of a truck sometime Tuesday.

— A drive-off was reported at 3:55 p.m. Wednesday at Smith Oil on East State Street for an unknown female who left without paying for $10.10 worth of gas. An officer made contact with a relative of the driver and it was determined to be a credit card error.

— David Lee Beiler, 25, of Linn, Missouri, was cited for truck off state route after an officer at 2:38 p.m. Wednesday saw a semi tractor trailer operating on North Ellsworth Avenue between the city limits and Eighth Street. The driver was cited due to being off of a state route and was given a warning for failure to display valid license plate due to dark tint covers on both the tractor and trailer plates. The report said the driver was unhappy with being cited and went on his way.

— A man from Jennings Avenue reported at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday that a social media account had just been created pretending to be his juvenile daughter. After some disturbing information was posted, a detective was able to identify the person that created the account. The incident will be forwarded to the juvenile officer for further investigation.

— An anonymous caller at 12:26 p.m. Wednesday reported two people departed Home Depot, 2900 E. State St., in a suspicious manner. Contact was made with the store personnel and they said the situation would be reviewed.

— Police checked on a truck blocking the road on Southeast Boulevard near South Lincoln at 11:12 a.m. Wednesday. The officer found three men attempting to pull the truck into a snow-covered drive uphill. They said they were ok and were trying to move some items from the home for the bank that employed them.

— A reckless driver was reported at 9:55 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, but was not found.

— A water line break was reported at 9:10 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of West Pershing Street. The water department was notified after police confirmed the break.

— A reckless driver was reported at 6:33 a.m. Wednesday in at West State and Jennings, but was not found.

— A barking dog was reported in the 800 block of East Fifth Street at 2:57 a.m. Wednesday. The animal was located, but police were unable to make contact. The dog appeared normal and in no distress.


— Police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at a Park Avenue home at 6:48 p.m. Tuesday. Police spoke with both people who said they had been in an argument and nothing physical took place. The man left the home for the rest of the night.

— Police apprehended Ben Mahon, 19, at his home at 1082 N. Market St. at 6:20 p.m. Tuesday on a secret indictment through the county grand jury. Also apprehended on secret indictments through the grand jury were Joshua Hughes, 35, at his home at 303 S. Market St., and Andrew Culler, 39, at his home at 91 S. Market St.

— Cheryl McMasters, West Martin Street, reported at 4:33 p.m. Tuesday someone attempted to scam her and gain access to her bank information.

— A man, address not listed, reported at 1:44 a.m. Tuesday he struck a deer with his vehicle on North Market Street near city limits.

— Steve Weaver, East Martin Street, reported at 3:49 p.m. Monday sometime last week someone got into his vehicle and took an empty checkbook. Nothing else was reported missing from the vehicle.

— Crystal Smith, East Main Street, reported at 1:30 p.m. Monday her ex-boyfriend was at her home and refused to leave. When police arrived on the scene the man had already left. Smith was told to call police if he shows up again.

— Nicole Velez, East North Avenue, reported at 7:52 a.m. Monday there was a dead cat on her porch. Police removed and disposed of the animal.

— Police were called to the Rite Aid store on West Main Street at 7:52 p.m. Sunday for a report of a problem with a customer. The woman involved in the incident was later served a no trespass letter.