— A barking dog complaint was reported at 7:38 p.m. Tuesday in the 2200 block of North Ellsworth Avenue. The homeowner took the animals inside.

— Police were called at 3 p.m. Tuesday for a welfare check on Somerset Drive where a resident keeps calling 911 wanting to know why the Independent Hose Club is closed. An officer spoke with the man and told him the Hose Club was probably closed due to no power. He was told he should not be calling 911 for a non-emergency call. He said he wouldn’t call again. The report said he had many health issues.

— Officers checked the area of Cunningham Road and state Route 344 for debris in the roadway at 2:38 p.m. Tuesday, but could not find any.

— An unruly juvenile was reported at 7:43 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Benton Road where a woman said her 15-year-old daughter is on house arrest and left before she got home from work. She left when her brother went to the store. The woman was told to contact the daughter’s probation officer at Juvenile Court.

— Police located a downed tree on Painter Road at 10:09 a.m. Monday and contacted the road department to remove it.

— Police were called at 9:09 a.m. Monday to check on wires down in the 1200 block of Prospect Street Extension. Police located downed phone lines caused by a tree falling from the storm.


— A driver received a warning for two headlights required after a traffic stop at 10:45 p.m. Tuesday on Pershing near South Union. While an officer was on the call, a second vehicle pulled up along side the detained vehicle and said he had been following him around town and there was a no contact order between the two parties. Police spoke with all involved and resolved the issue.

— Lines were reported down on the sidewalk at 10:08 p.m. Tuesday on Penn Avenue. It was a phone line and was moved.

— Police responded to the area of Walmart on East State Street at 9:52 p.m. Tuesday for a possible intoxicated female walking into town. The female said she was ok and didn’t show any signs of impairment.

— A suspicious person was reported in the area of the Salem Public Library on East State Street at 9:21 p.m. Tuesday. A caller advised of a man wearing all black who was walking behind the building, but was not found by police.

— A barking dog was reported at 8:34 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Vine Avenue, but nothing was heard.

— A domestic was reported at 8:03 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Hawley Avenue. Officers learned it was verbal only, that no threats were made and nothing physical took place. Both parties agreed to stay away from each other.

— An anonymous caller at 7:53 p.m. Tuesday reported animal cruelty at Waterworth Memorial Park at the duck pond, saying she saw two juveniles attempting to kick the ducks. Police made contact with the person who denied kicking the ducks but said they were attempting to feed them. He said they got protective over their young.

— Police responded at 7:27 p.m. Tuesday to the 600 block of Cherry Street for an issue involving a juvenile. While speaking to the guardian, officers learned of possible evidence regarding another case and took the evidence with permission from the guardian.

— A fight was reported at 6:31 p.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of East State Street at Circle K East. Police found one male sitting in a vehicle and the other one left, but was found on East Pershing at Washington. Officers were advised nothing took place besides a verbal altercation. Neither party wanted to file charges.

— A woman came to the station at 5:09 p.m. Tuesday to report a female harassing her husband where he works on Euclid Street. She said she saw the female leaving the parking lot where he works several times. She was told her husband would need to pursue the matter. He was with her and was told his options. They were also told if the property owner doesn’t want the female on the property, the business will need to contact police to have her told not to return.

— Cody Lawson, 22, of Lake Milton, was cited for driving under suspension after an incident at 4:55 p.m. Tuesday. Officers made contact with the person walking up Franklin who had been observed driving a vehicle with his license suspended. He said he had driving privileges, but did not have them on him. Officers returned back to his vehicle which was parked on the back side of a business. A K-9 indicated to a narcotic odor and a search turned up a small amount of marijuana shake.

— A reckless operator was reported at 4:41 p.m. Tuesday on East State Street and was located in the library parking lot. He was advised of the allegation and denied it. Police told him to drive in a responsible manner.

— A possible protection order violation was reported at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday on Reilly Avenue, but police found that no violation took place.

— Possible drug paraphernalia was reported at 3:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of East Fifth Street. One used syringe and a glass pipe with choreboy stuffed at the end was recovered.

— Officers stopped a vehicle for several violations at 2:21 p.m. Tuesday in the city, with a K-9 indicating to the odor of narcotics. The driver was ultimately given a verbal warning for the driving offense.

— Criminal damage to a residence was reported at 1:06 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Walnut Street.

— An anonymous person spoke to officers at 11:04 a.m. regarding ongoing telecommunications harassment from a known male. The person also requested information on self defense and was directed to Ohio Revised Code for specific answers.


— An East Liverpool couple were taken to an area hospital with suspected serious injuries following a one-vehicle accident on Saltwell Road at 9:50 p.m. Tuesday. Raymond T. Boso, 38, was driving on Saltwell Road east of state Route 45 when his Cherokee went off the road, striking a tree, injuring him and passenger Nicole Reed, 38. Boso was cited for OVI after police found some marijuana in the vehicle, along with a pipe used to smoke drugs. Witnesses reported prior to the crash that the Cherokee was going left of center and almost struck a guardrail while turning onto Saltwell Road.

— Police were asked to check on the welfare of two children at a South Beaver Street residence at 9:27 p.m. Tuesday because the parents had been fighting a lot of late. One child was asleep and the other was fine, and the parents said they had argued hours before but are trying to work things out.

— Police were called to Apple Grove apartments at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday, where a man reported someone had drilled a hole in his bedroom wall and was pouring water through it. Police said the report would be on file.

— Allison Grimes, East Washington Street, called police in regard to a domestic dispute at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Grimes said she and her boyfriend, Zach Strub, had been arguing and she wanted him to leave. Strub packed some things and agreed to leave for the night.

— Police were asked to perform a welfare check at the Fleming House at 10:23 a.m. Tuesday after the caller was unable to reach a woman staying there. After trying to get into the Fleming House, the woman came to the door and told police she had been sleeping.

— Police were called to a West Chestnut Street home at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, where they found an unresponsive man who was still breathing. The officers administered a sternum rub on the man as well as CPR until an ambulance crew arrived, and the man was transported to a local hospital.

— Police were called to Apple Grove apartments at 12:14 a.m. Tuesday in regard to a loud music complaint. Darrel Greathouse was advised to turn down the music, which he agreed to do.

— Katie Jones from the CAA food pantry called at 3:22 p.m. Tuesday because there was woman there acting confused and disoriented, and she had also been in the HEAP office. Police found the woman in her vehicle, and she appeared fine and said she was feeling okay.


— An officer responded at 7:11 p.m. Tuesday to a 300 block Pearl Street home in reference to an open 911 call in which a female could be heard in the background. The officer found a group of juveniles playing around the residence. An adult inside the home said everything was fine.


— The township’s road supervisor reported at 10:29 a.m. Wednesday someone overnight had stolen the stop sign at the intersection of Eagleton and St. Jacobs Logtown roads, as well as attempted to steal the one at Teegarden and Gamble roads.