— Police were called for a reckless vehicle at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of Southeast Boulevard where a man said he was almost struck by a vehicle when standing in the middle of the road attempting to flag them down.

— Joey Nicole LaFleme, 27, of Lake Avenue, was cited for possession of marijuana after police investigated an open window on a parked vehicle in the 300 block of West State Street at 12:52 a.m. Wednesday. Officers noticed contraband present in the vehicle in plain view. The owner arrived and voluntarily turned over the suspected contraband. Police determined the item was a vape pen with THC oil. A probable cause search was conducted and LaFleme was cited.

— A caller at 4:47 p.m. Tuesday reported a possible handgun laying in the grass off the side of the road in the 500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue. A woman said she saw it while walking her dog and wasn’t sure if it was real or not. Officers found the pink and black gun was a plastic toy. An employee at a nearby business said it had been there for two days. The toy gun was taken to the station and destroyed.

— Police were called at 10:34 p.m. Tuesday to check the well-being of a child in the 2100 block of Monroe after a caller said an infant had been crying most of the day. The caller wanted an officer to make sure everything was ok. An officer spoke to the father who said the infant was teething. The child appeared fine.

— A man in the 800 block of East Third Street reported at 8:17 p.m. Tuesday that someone stole money out of his unlocked car.

— Police responded at 5:44 p.m. Tuesday to East Pershing Street and Ohio for a report of asphalt dropped in the road. Police located the small pile on Ohio Avenue. Officers made contact with Miller Pipeline who was doing work in the area. They said they lost some asphalt while driving through and were on their way to clean it up.

— Police were called at 3:47 p.m. Tuesday to the 600 block of East Fourth Street for a civil matter. A rental company was at a residence to pick up merchandise that was not paid for. The caller, who was not home, said he bought the furniture off of another person. Officers spoke to employees of Aaron’s who said the couch was rented by a female at a different residence, no payment was made and she advised where the property was located on East Fourth. Employees said the caller’s wife let them in and let them obtain the property. She told police she let them take the property.

–A suspicious person was reported walking through yards in the 700 block of Sharp Avenue at 3:34 p.m. Tuesday. Officers saw a Utiliquest truck parked on the road and noted the company has been in the city several weeks doing work. An employee said he was contracted through Columbia Gas to find gas lines and survey gas lines for their records. No problems were found.

— A barking dog was reported at 3:32 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Southeast Boulevard where several people pointed out the apartment in question. The tenant was not home, but the maintenance man said he would speak with the tenant.

— A syringe was found in the street in the 2100 block of Southeast Boulevard at 2:36 p.m. Tuesday.

— An alarm was reported at 10:54 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Prospect Street, with the building found secure.

— A dispute between a male and female was reported at 10:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of East Fifth Street. Both said it was verbal only. The female wanted to leave and the male became upset and began throwing her things out the window. The female was gathering her belongings and leaving. The domestic violence laws were explained.


— Police responded to a report of people fighting in the street on North Market Street at 5:49 p.m. June 3. They found that Sam Jennings had stopped his semi in the middle of the street and Sherry Jennings was on the porch yelling, but she began to clap after seeing police arrive. The encounter stemmed from a child custody dispute and related issues. The couple was advised the best thing to do was to file for divorce and allow the court to determine visitation.

— Police were called to a Harrison Street home at 10:55 p.m. June 4 in regard to the woman who lived there might be missing. She had business in New Philadelphia and had taken a client there during the day and told her husband she would be home by about 6 p.m., but she had yet to return. Just as police were going to issue an alert the wife called to say she had pulled over and taken a nap.

— Cindy Madej from the alternate school at county juvenile court called June 5 to say two iPads were missing, and pinging from the one showed it was in Boardman. Police in Boardman went to the home and determined a teacher at the alternate school lived there and she had taken an iPad home. Madej called back to say the other iPad may have been missing for a year and they did not want anything more done.

— A caller said there was a drunken man in the area of Valley View at 6 p.m. June 5. Police arrived to find Richard Vecchio, who said he had gotten into an argument with a clerk. Vecchio smelled of alcohol but appeared coherent. Vecchio was told to park his bike and the officer gave him a ride home.

— Police were called to the Hornsby House on June 5 because a resident was being too loud. The woman said she had been singing and the worker there did not like it. She was told to keep it down. Police returned two days later for the same complaint involving the same woman, but the caller thought she was threatening to commit suicide instead of singing.

— A person who lives on West Lincoln Way reported at 5:53 p.m. June 6 there was man standing at the window naked and pleasuring himself. Police went to the house of the suspect and the man opened the door wearing only black underwear, but he denied being naked while looking out the window. He was advised to wear clothing when outside or at the window.

— Police responded to a report of a fight at Shenanigan’s at 2:39 a.m. Friday, and they arrived to find Steve Swartz holding Tabitha Boyd, and Mike Skidmore was several feet away. The group had been arguing, and Skidmore was trying to convince Boyd it was time to go home but she said she did not want anything to do with him. After everyone had their say, Boyd returned to the bar, while Swartz and Skidmore remained outside trying to get a ride home. The officer remained for another 10 minutes just to make sure things did not flare up again.

— Amanda Beresic, East Lincoln Way, reported Friday her mail had been opened and food stamp card was gone, and the week before her wallet had been stolen from her unlocked van.

— A West Washington Street woman reported Friday finding a hooded sweatshirt and Black Panther mask in her yard and felt compelled to call because of the recent rash of vehicle break-ins and reports the suspects were wearing a hooded sweatshirt and mask.

— Police went to a home on South Beaver Street at 7 p.m. Saturday to serve an arrest warrant on Jessica Combs for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Combs had children with her and no one to watch them, so police told her to show up at court on Monday to take care of the warrant.

— Police helped a sheriff’s deputy in responding to a domestic dispute at Roseland Commons apartments at 7:06 p.m. Saturday. They learned that Mark Knight and Autumn Goodfellow had been fighting and Knight had run away. Bruise marks were found on Goodfellow, who said Knight had also choked her.