Sister Mary Robert (Jeanne) Bricker
CARROLLTON — Sister Mary Robert (Jeanne) Bricker, 93, Sister of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd, went home to her heavenly Father on July 8, 2018.
Born Jan. 14, 1925, in Salem, Ohio, she was the daughter of Thomas L. and Agnes J. (O’Connor) Bricker.
A 1944 graduate of Salem High School, she had been employed by the Bricker and Bricker Construction Company of Salem as a bookkeeper and estimator. She was a member of St. Paul Catholic Church, active in the Catholic Daughters of the Americas, Legion of Mary and Girl Scouts. She cared for her mother in the last years of life.
In 1961, Sister entered the convent in Carrollton, Ohio, where she was residential caregiver to challenged boys at the Villa. Sister became the manager of the culinary department at St. John Vianney Seminary, Bloomingdale. Having worked there for 16 years, she has served many of the priests of the Steubenville Diocese. Upon closure of the seminary Sister was administrator assistant for the Vianney Center before returning to the motherhouse. Sister was a member the council, assistant administrator, bookkeeper and local superior. She served as dietary supervisor at Good Shepherd Nursing Home in Wheeling, W. Va., and was a child caregiver in Delray Beach, Fla. Returning to Carrollton, she was the bookkeeper until she was 85.
Sister Robert “Aunt Jeanne” was cherished by her family for her strong faith, motherly advice and spiritual encouragement. Her service to others was their inspiration.
In addition to her parents, Sister was preceded in death by both her brothers, Robert and Archie.
She is survived by the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd; several nieces, nephews and numerous grand and great-grand nieces and nephews.
The Sisters will receive family and friends from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the convent, 620 Roswell Road and from 9:30 a.m. Thursday, July 12, until the 11 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow in the Sisters’ Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd Mission Fund, P.O. Box 340, Carrollton, Ohio 44615.