- Police responded to a domestic disturbance in the 200 block of North Madison Avenue at 3:47 p.m. Thursday in which a husband and wife were arguing about personal belongings. They stated that there was no physical violence or threats.
- A Howard Avenue resident reported at 4:45 p.m. Thursday that someone opened a credit card in her name without her permission while she was staying at a medical facility earlier this year. She said she had not realized it was a fraudulent account until recently.
- An Ohio Avenue woman reported at 5:34 p.m. Thursday that she had been receiving telephone calls from someone and was worried the caller might show up at her home. She was advised to contact the police department if the person does show up.
- Police responded to a South Lincoln Avenue home at 6:18 p.m. Thursday for a domestic dispute in which both parties gave conflicting accounts. They were advised on a course of action.
- Officers responded to an East Fifth Street home at 7:29 p.m. Thursday where a woman reported her ex-boyfriend had destroyed her purse and stolen her money. She declined to press charges.
- Police responded to the 600 block of East Third Street at 1:47 a.m. Friday for a report of a suspicious vehicle with two male occupants that rapidly left the area. Officers searched the area but were unable to find the vehicle.
- Nathan E. Steer, 2807 U.S. Route 62, Damascus, was arrested on an active warrant out of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office after police responded to a domestic disturbance at an East Fifth Street home at 4:48 a.m. Friday.
- Michael J. Hagen, 35, Salem, was arrested for physical control of a motor vehicle while being under the influence of an alcoholic beverage after an officer observed him parked in the 1200 block of Perry Street at 12:33 a.m. Thursday.
- Cody Crawford, 20, Salem, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a two-vehicle crash at U.S. Route 62 and North Ellsworth Avenue at 12:41 p.m. Thursday in which he was eastbound on U.S. Route 62 and allegedly failed to stop for traffic at the stop light, striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Jeffery W. Collingwood, 45, Struthers. Collingwood was transported to the Salem Community Hospital.
- Louanne Lunger, 58, 1284 S. Lincoln Ave., Salem, was cited for reasonable control following a one-vehicle crash on the railroad tracks on South Lincoln Avenue at 1:09 p.m. Friday in which she was turning south off of Chestnut Grove Road and allegedly made too wide a turn, running off the right side of the road and onto the tracks. The vehicle was disabled and fluids were leaking from the front of it.