- Avery M. Ohlin, 24, 439 Benton Road, Salem, was cited for improper backing following a two-vehicle crash in the 1200 block of East State Street at 11:47 a.m. Tuesday in which he was eastbound and allegedly struck the front of another eastbound vehicle driven by Kenneth L. Harris, 67, Salem, while backing up to let another vehicle back out of a private driveway.
- Police responded to a West Pershing Street home at 1:55 p.m. Tuesday where a caller had reported a bottle of pills in a yard. Officers recovered the bottle of mixed pills which had no information on it and took it back to the station for safe keeping.
- Nathan S. Brooks, 157 W. Seventh St., Salem, was arrested on an active warrant out of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office after turning himself in at 7:52 p.m. Tuesday.
- Officers responded to a Fairview Avenue home at 8:20 p.m. Tuesday where a resident reported that several individuals had been making threats of serious physical harm toward the complainant and complainant's family via social media websites. Printouts of recent threats were provided and the matter is under investigation for possible criminal charges.
While investigating the incident, an officer observed a vehicle drive by the home twice. A patrolling officer later found the vehicle in a gravel parking lot on Merle Road just off Fairview Avenue. The driver said that she was just waiting for a friend. She was advised of the suspicious nature of her actions and she agreed to leave.
- Police responded to a Prospect Street apartment at 9:23 p.m. Tuesday where Jessie Styoc reported someone, possibly a known individual, had taken items from the home.
- Donald L. Teets, 46774 Taylor Ave., was charged with public indecency at on Nov. 12 regarding an incident that occurred on Oct. 14 when he "recklessly" exposed himself to a home health aide who is not a not a household member.
- Joseph Beary, 1274 Fairfield Ave., Columbiana, was stopped for speeding on Crestview Road at 6:46 p.m. Nov. 16 and was eventually issued a citation for driving under suspension and speeding.
- Kelly from the Christina House called for an officer at 7 p.m. Tuesday because Richard Parish showed up in violation of a protection order obtained by a woman who resides there.
- Sara M. Bable, 26, Lisbon, was cited for failure to reinstate license following a traffic stop on Lisbon Street at 12:55 a.m. Tuesday.
- A woman reported at 10 a.m. Tuesday she went to return movies to Family Video and the sign said the store was open, the door was unlocked, but no one was inside. Police checked the store and found no one inside and a manager later showed up and it was discovered that the store opens at 11 a.m. and a door had been left unlocked accidentally.
- A woman reported at 2:37 a.m. Tuesday her father was away from his home on Bayshore Avenue condominium for some time and when he returned he found items had been removed from the walls. Police learned the homeowner's association had removed the items so that they were not damaged while the unit was having it's siding replaced.
- A man reported at 6:34 p.m. Tuesday two kids were skateboarding down the middle of South Main Street. Police found the kids in Walnut Alley and they said they wouldn't skateboard in the street anymore.
- A West Salem Street resident reported telephone harassment at 10:26 p.m. Tuesday.