- NEW WATERFORD - The "Pancakes Plus" breakfast will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. today at the New Waterford United Methodist Church, 46925 S. State St.
- NORTH LIMA - A breakfast buffet will be available from 7 to 10 a.m. Jan. 26 at the North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive.
Items on the all-you-can-eat buffet will include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and onions, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333. Donations will be accepted.
- COLUMBIANA - Midway Mennonite Church at 13376 Columbiana-Canfield Road will serve a Wednesday Evening Community Meal at 6 p.m. Jan. 16.
Monetary donations will be accepted. For more information call the church office at 330-482-3135. All are welcome.
- BOARDMAN - Retrouvaille of Youngstown, a peer ministry that helps troubled marriages, will hold a weekend program beginning Feb. 15-17 at the Holiday Inn South in Boardman.
Retrouvaille helps teach couples a new method of communication and helps people with their marriage committment. It also includes six follow-up sessions after the original weekend. The registration fee is $100. For more information call 330-979-7787 or log onto www.helpourmarriage.com.
- CANFIELD - Paradise Lutheran Church is welcoming its new pastor, Joseph Congemi. Pastor Congemi, his wife Jennifer and their three children, Katelyn, Erica and Sean, live in Columbiana where he provides ministry at New Creation Fellowship and Mrs. Congemi is a teacher at Heartland Christian School. Pastor Congemi is also a ministry chaplain for MVI Hospice. Paradise Lutheran Church is an independent ministry with services beginning at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at 3869 W. Western Reserve Road. All are welcome.
- SALEM - The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. Next week's sponsor is the Bev Henderson family.
The menu offers cream of tomato soup, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn or peas, fresh vegetables and fruit, cake and ice cream sundaes.
Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
- SALEM - Building Leaders And Sharing Talents (BLAST) is a annual event for teens in northeastern Ohio area Nazarene churches. Events range from sporting events to singing, art, photography, preaching, etc.
The event kicks off at 5 p.m. Jan. 25 with registration at the First Church of the Nazarene in Salem, followed at 6:30 p.m. with the opening celebration and 7:30 p.m. with athletics and arts and crafts.
Events continue from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the swimming pool at the Salem Community Center; and depart to hotels at 12:30 p.m.
Opening worship starts at 9 a.m. Jan. 26 at the Columbiana Church of the Nazarene, 330 N. Elm St., followed at 9:30 a.m. with break-out sessions and youth leader training; 10:30 a.m., music/creative ministries/academic events (competition time); 2 p.m., president's report, elections and awards; and concludes at 3:30 p.m.
- DAMASCUS - The Damascus United Methodist Church is inviting the public to its monthly community breakfast to be held from 7 to 11 a.m. Jan. 19 at the church.
The suggested donation is $5 for adults and $3 for children under 10. The church is located at 300 Valley Road in Damascus. Breakfast will be served on the third Saturday of each month.