- SALEM - The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. The sponsor is Salem Methodist Church. The menu offers soup, creamed chicken over biscuit, mashed potatoes, salad, fresh fruits and vegetables, and cake. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
- COLUMBIANA - Midway Mennonite Church at 13376 Columbiana-Canfield Road will host a Wednesday Evening Community Meal at 6 p.m. Feb. 20. Those attending are to bring individual table service. Monetary donations for the meal will be accepted. For more information call the church office at 330-482-3135. All are welcome.
- LEETONIA - The Leetonia First United Methodist Church at 50 Lisbon St. is sponsoring a "drive by chicken dinner" from 4 to 6 p.m. Feb. 21, or until sold out. Cost is $7 each. Dinner includes a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and a brownie. Customers are asked to drive by the front of the church and place their order. The dinner/dinners will be delivered to your car. Proceeds from this fund raiser benefit the update and repair of the church foyer.
- NEW WATERFORD - A murder mystery dinner theater: "Murder, Mayhem and Marshmallow Salad" by Shelly Sellepack, will be presented at 6 p.m. Feb. 23 at New Waterford United Methodist Church, 46925 S. State St. Tickets are $20 each and available by calling the church office at 330-457-7436. Proceeds will benefit the general fund.
- NORTH GEORGETOWN - The community is invited to a free evening of dinner and a movie on Feb. 22. A chili supper will be served from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall at the First Brethren Church. There is no charge, however, a free will donation basket is available to help defray the cost of food.
The free movie night starts at 7:30 p.m. upstairs in the sanctuary of the Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Free popcorn and beverages will be provided during this 90 minute movie, "The Way Home" starring Dean Cain.
- NORTH LIMA - An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be available from 7 to 10 a.m. Feb. 23 at the North Lima Mennonite Church. Items on the buffet include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages.
A pie auction begins at 6 p.m. March 2 at the church. People from North Lima, Midway, and Leetonia Mennonite churches will make pies and other specialty desserts for this fundraiser. Proceeds will be used to send youth to a church convention in Phoenix this summer. There will also be a food stand open at 5 p.m. Sandwiches, walking tacos, beverages, and desserts will be available before the pie auction. For more information call the church at 330-549-2333.
- LISBON - The Lisbon Baptist Food Pantry will be open from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Feb. 21 at 6428 Lisbon Road.
- GREENFORD - The community is invited to Lenten worship services every Wednesday at the Greenford Lutheran Church. The Rev. Richard Bowen will officiate. The church is located at 7450 W.