Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE

February 22, 2013
Salem News

- Firefighters responded to a residence in the 200 block of Hawley Avenue after an occupant called at 5:07 p.m. Wednesday regarding a kitchen fire that occurred around 1 a.m., about 16 hours earlier. The occupant wanted the fire department to make sure everything was okay. Firefighters checked the area with a thermal imaging camera and photographed the scene. The occupant told them he was heating grease on the stove to cook french fries when the grease caught on fire, spreading to the cook top wall and over the range microwave. He removed the hot grease from the stove, spilling some on the floor on the way outside, burning a rug, and used a wet towel to put out the fire on the wall cabinet and stove area. He was told the fire department should have been notified immediately. Gas to the range was turned off and firefighters verified that power was off to the microwave.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web