- A Jennings Avenue man reported on station at 9:06 p.m. Thursday that he has a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend but that she and her sister had been coming to his apartment while he was away, according to his roommate, as well as standing across the street and watching him.
- Police responded to the 900 block of Franklin Avenue at 10:16 p.m. for a report of a white Pontiac Grand Prix driving up and down the street, but were unable to find the vehicle in question.
- A man reported on station at 12:09 a.m. Friday that he had been assaulted in the 500 block of Walnut Street. He had visible injuries to his face but declined medical treatment.
- Officers responded to the Salem Care Center on East Pershing Street at 4:10 a.m. Friday where an employee reported someone sleeping in a vehicle in the parking lot. The woman in the vehicle told officers that she was a dietary consultant with an early morning appointment at the facility and decided to sleep in her vehicle because she could not find a hotel in the immediate area.
- Police responded to the 1900 block of East State Street for a report of an elderly woman who had been transported to the Salem Community Hospital emergency room by ambulance and had left the facility against medical advice wearing only a house coat and slippers. Officers found the woman being escorted back into the emergency room by medical staff.
- Someone reported at 11 a.m. Thursday a man in a red Taurus behind a building on Pittsburgh Street appeared to be sleeping. Police woke the man and he was sent on his way to Leetonia.
- A West Salem Street man reported at 1:37 p.m. Thursday someone attempted to break into his home.
- A Valley View employee reported at 8:28 p.m. Thursday they had evidence someone had shoplifted from the store on Feb. 15.
- Daylene Ann Liggitt, 62, West Pine Street, Lisbon, was stopped at the traffic signal on North Market and Jerome streets at 7 p.m. Thursday and was struck from behind by Dennis Ryan Roberts, 32, state Route 45, Lisbon. Roberts was cited for assured clear distance.