- James McCorkhill, 58, 1381 Southridge Drive, Salem, was cited for failure to yield from a stop sign following a two-vehicle crash on Park Avenue at 6:10 p.m. Feb. 26 in which he allegedly pulled southbound from the stop sign at Maple Street and struck an eastbound vehicle driven by Crystal L. Moffett, 39, Salem. No injuries were reported.
- Officers responded to a North Lundy Avenue home at 5:15 p.m. Friday to investigate a 911 hang-up and found it to be an accidental call from a child at the residence.
- An officer responded to a possible breaking and entering incident at an East Fifth Street home at 5:41 p.m., finding it to be a civil matter between a woman and her estranged husband. The complainant was advised that a report will be on file if needed, but that no crime had been committed.
- Officers responded to the 2300 block of East State Street at 5:56 p.m. Friday for a report of menacing by stalking. The complainant was advised of options for dealing with the situation.
- Police responded to a parking lot in the 200 block of South Lincoln Avenue at 8:17 p.m. Friday for a reported medical call from a distraught woman. Upon arrival officers could not find the woman and were told by a clerk at the business that the woman left after making the call. Officers found the woman at her Walnut Street residence where she said that she had called 911 because she and her boyfriend had been drinking, but that she no longer needed an ambulance. She was advised of the consequences of abusing the 911 system.
Officers returned to the South Lincoln Avenue parking lot at 10:40 p.m. where the woman requested an ambulance again. She was transported to the hospital for treatment.
- A Garfield Road resident reported on station at 10:06 p.m. Friday that an unknown man had been following him around every time he has come into town the past two months.
- Officers responded to the 400 block of Franklin Street at 12:36 a.m. Saturday where a resident reported an unknown person had been standing by her vehicle using a cell phone. Officers searched the are but were unable to find anyone.
- Officers assisted Ohio Investigative Unit agents in the search of a suspicious vehicle in a 100 block Railroad Street parking lot at 1:31 a.m. Saturday. An occupant of the vehicle, Ashley Johnson of Warren, was cited for open container in a motor vehicle.
- Amanda S. Heverly, 609 S. Union Ave., Salem, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated and driving under suspension following a traffic stop on Southeast Boulevard at Ridgewood Drive at 2:14 a.m. Saturday.
SALEM TOWNSHIP REPORT
- A Pass Lane, Lisbon, resident reported at 12:35 p.m. Friday that while traveling on Cunningham Road he saw a Goldstein's truck parked on the side of the road and the passenger get out to dump a mattress and box spring on the side of the road. The company was contacted regarding the issue.