Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

FIRE CALLS

March 21, 2013
Salem News

SALEM

- Firefighters responded to the 900 block of North Union Avenue for a reported natural gas leak inside a residence at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday. Columbia Gas arrived on the scene and the resident had already turned the main gas line off. Police had also responded.

- Firefighters were called at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday to a residence in the 900 block of Liberty Street for a report of smoke inside a residence. The area was checked with a thermal imaging camera and located the source to be the electric blower motor on the furnace. The resident was told to contact the landlord to have the furnace repaired. Police had also responded.

LISBON

- The fire alarm at the county courthouse went off about 10 a.m. Wednesday. The alarm was set off by dust and/or fumes from construction work being done in the courthouse.

- The smoke detector went off at the Cherished Children day care center on West Lincoln Way at 9:18 a.m. Wednesday. This was also believed to be due to dust.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web