Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE DEPT. REPORTS

April 8, 2013
Salem News

- Firefighters responded to a call at 10:48 a.m. Sunday for a carbon monoxide detector going off in a residence on Jennings Avenue. None of the occupants had any symptoms of CO poisoning.

The home was checked with a multi-gas monitor and it was determined the CO detector was faulty.

- Police officers requested the fire department at Quaker City Castings at 10:18 a.m. Sunday on Euclid Street after a security officer reported the mulch in front of the main office building appeared to be smoldering.

Firefighters noted a 5 foot by 4 foot area smoldering and placed water on the mulch.

A pitch fork was used in an attempt to find burning materials.

- Firefighters were called at 6:34 p.m. Saturday to an illegal cookout in the 800 block of East Third Street. Police had been called for an open burning complaint and found the resident burning wood debris in a side yard, with the fire larger than legally allowed.

The fire department had the resident extinguish the fire.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web