- SALEM - A free food giveaway, and odds and ends, will be held from 10 a.m. to noon April 27 at Bethesda Life Church, 357 N. Howard Ave. Those attending are asked to bring extra bags for packing items.
- SALEM - The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. Next week's sponsor is the First Baptist Church. The menu offers tomato soup, ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, applesauce, fresh vegetables and fruit, and cupcakes. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
- NORTH LIMA - The Dixie Melody Boys will be in concert at 7 p.m. May 4 at the North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive. Voted the favorite male quartet of 2012, the Dixie Melody Boys continue to be a fan favorite after more than five decades on the road. The concert is not a ticketed event but is being made available for a generous free-will offering. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333.
- NEW WATERFORD Abundant Life Fellowship at 46469 state Route 46 will host a regional Rally in the Valley meeting at 6:30 p.m. April 29. The meeting is open to all area men interested in praying, worshipping, volunteering or just participating in the upcoming rally on May 4 at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown. For questions or directions call the office at 330-457-7317.
- NORTH LIMA - An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet available from 7 to 10 a.m. April 27 at the North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive. Donations will be accepted. Items on the buffet will include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333
- NEW GARDEN - A rummage sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 26 and 9 a.m. to noon April 27 at the New Garden Church on Route 9. There will be a bake sale and lunch available featuring homemade soups and pies, sandwiches, pop and coffee.
- COLUMBIANA - A bazaar will be held at the Zion Hill Church, 14550 New Buffalo Road. The public is invited from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 26 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 27.
- YOUNGSTOWN - Retrouvaille of Youngstown, a peer ministry that helps troubled married couples, will hold a weekend seminar May 3-5 at Villa Maria Educational and Spirituality Center at 2105 Evergreen Road, Pulaski, Pa. The program also includes six follow-up sessions. Registration may be made by calling 330-979-7787 or helpourmarriage.com.
- GREENFORD - The annual chicken pot pie supper will be served April 27 at the Greenford Lutheran Church. Seating times are 4:30 and 6 p.m. The meal includes chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, applesauce, pie or cake, and a beverage. Cost is $8.50 for adults, $4 for ages 3 to11. Carryouts are available from 4 to 6 p.m. Tickets are available by calling the church office from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday at 330-533-5324. Walk-ins are welcome upon availability.
The church is located at the corner of Route 165 and Lisbon Road.
- NORTH GEORGETOWN - Emmanuel Lutheran continues its year long bicentennial celebration with an old-fashioned Sunday afternoon on April 21 in the fellowship hall. Everyone in the community is invited to this event which begins with a "meet and greet" at noon, followed by a free lunch at 12:30 p.m. and a variety of games for young and old. Activities will be available and set-up at various tables. This is one of the monthly events Emmanuel is hosting as it makes it way to celebrating 200 years in the community of North Georgetown on Sept. 29.
- WINONA - The Winona United Methodist Church's annual rummage and perennials sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 3 and 9 a.m. to noon May 4 at Hall Park on Whinnery Road.
Items available include furniture, collectibles, clothes, crafts, housewares, holiday items and perennials. Saturday is "half price day."