- William Brown II, 53, of 698 Franklin Ave., was cited for driving under suspension and operating a vehicle under the influence after a traffic stop at 2:40 a.m. Wednesday on Franklin near South Lundy Avenue.
- Police were called for a prowler at 10:05 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Cunningham Road, but the property was determined to be outside the city in Salem Township, with the caller told to contact the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported at 9:54 p.m. Tuesday in a parking lot in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue. The driver told police she was just waiting for a friend who was visiting at a nearby apartment. An officer identified the friend and did not see anything suspicious within the vehicle.
- Police responded to the 300 block of Newgarden Avenue at 9:44 p.m. Tuesday for a report of loud yelling and learned there was a verbal dispute that just ended.
- Police responded to the 500 block of Columbia Street at 8:53 p.m. Tuesday for a person who wanted to talk to officers about an incident and ask questions. Officers assisted the person the best they could.
- Police were called at 8:13 p.m. Tuesday to the area of Newgarden Avenue and Prospect Street for a small child unattended. Officers could not ascertain any information from the child as to where his parents were located. Officers went door-to-door and located the mother, who was unaware the child was missing.
- An officer on patrol at 5:46 p.m. Tuesday saw a man known to have a warrant out of Columbiana County, confirmed the warrant and took Jeffrey A. Culp, of 568 Aetna St., into custody. He was handed over to a deputy.
- An officer on patrol at 5:29 p.m. Tuesday in the area of South Lincoln Avenue and Columbia Street saw a vehicle stopped at a green light, then drive into the wrong lane almost striking two other vehicles. After a traffic stop, the driver was found to be having a medical emergency, with fire department first responders and KLG called to the scene. He was taken to Salem Community Hospital by KLG and officers secured the vehicle.
- A domestic dispute was reported at 5:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of
East Fifth Street where officers spoke to all involved and determined there was an argument over a television. All were told their options.
- Police were called at 4:31 p.m. Tuesday to the 700 block of West Wilson Street regarding a landlord/tenant problem. The tenant was moving out and still had property inside, but the door had been locked. The landlord was contacted and responded, unlocking the door so the tenant could retrieve belongings.
- Jennifer Hepfner, 19, of 1001 Cunningham Road, and Nathan Courtney, 26, and Charles Courtney III, 28, both of 431 S. Broadway Ave., were each charged with theft after police were called at 11:58 a.m. Monday regarding people in a light blue car allegedly stealing scrap from a yard near Mound and Franklin. An anonymous caller said the car had been there twice in the last 15 to 20 minutes. Two males would exit the car and carry items from the rear yard of a property in the 900 block of Franklin back to the car and put the items in the truck. A female driver then drove them away. Police found the described vehicle at Walmart, questioned the suspects and arrested them.
- Loud music was reported at 12:22 a.m. Wednesday, with music heard coming from the parking lot in the 400 block of Benton Road. An officer told the person to turn it down.
- Police responded to a Salem Township residence in the 900 block of Cunningham Road for a report at 10:07 p.m. Tuesday of a man on the roof gaining access to the house. Officers found the man to be a boyfriend playing a joke on the resident.
- A domestic dispute was reported at 3:44 p.m. Tuesday in the 1600 block of Fillmore Avenue where both parties said the incident started over money and no physical violence or threats took place. Domestic violence laws were explained and they said they would stay away from each other for the rest of the night.
-Jane Anna Kergan, whose last known address was Youngstown, was cited for driving without a valid license, failure to reinstate after a traffic stop at 2:04 p.m. Tuesday on North Ellsworth Avenue at J. Wilson Drive.
- A domestic was reported at 1:59 a.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of Liberty Street, with an officer learning it was verbal and telling the two parties to separate for the night.
- Pamela Seals of Lisbon Street was taken into custody at 10:27 p.m. Monday for an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop on state Route 165 east of U.S. Route 62.
- A concerned relative called at 6:20 p.m. Monday regarding a door possibly being open on a vacant house on Newgarden Avenue. An officer checked the house and found it secure.
- Police were called at 5:57 p.m. Monday to the 400 block of Benton Road for an alleged neighbor dispute/parking complaint. An officer spoke to both parties and determined the parking complaint was not legitimate. As a precautionary measure, people offered to move the vehicle.
- A man reported at 3:47 p.m. Monday that he purchased some items at Circle K on South Lincoln Avenue and left his wallet and when he returned, close to $200 was missing from his wallet. The theft is under investigation.
- Mikeil H. Teklegiorgish, 40, Portland, Oregon, was cited for assured clear distance after the tractor trailer he was driving struck the railroad underpass near Railroad Street at 6:11 a.m. Tuesday. He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- A Stanton Drive woman requested at 9 a.m. Tuesday police keep the peace while the landlord came over to take care of a house issue. The woman and the land lordhad reportedly been having issues since Friday and she told police she did not want anything to happen while her kids were home.
- Someone reported at 2:22 p.m. Tuesday a Union Street resident was driving a silver four-door vehicle up and down the area of South Vine Street, and speeding. Police spoke with the driver who said they had not been on South Vine Street.
- Someone reported at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday a dog owned by an Old North resident was running at large.
- A man reported at 7 p.m. Tuesday someone was driving a motorcycle recklessly eastbound on state Route 11.
- A man reported at 8:26 p.m. Tuesday someone was driving a gray four-by-four vehicle all over state Route 14 and then stopped at Dynamic Auto Body. Police checked the area of the business but did not find the vehicle there.
- A caller reported there were children in the alley behind Cherished Children's on West Lincoln Way and they will not move for traffic. The call was at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, and an officer spoke with the youths, who denied standing in the alley or blocking traffic.
- A caller reported there was something spilled on North Market Street and it smelled really bad. This was at 11:24 a.m. Tuesday.
- Police were called to a home on East Chestnut Street at 4:29 p.m. Tuesday in regard to a male who was down and not responding. An ambulance was also summoned.
- A Pritchard Avenue woman reported at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday her neighbor's dogs have been barking all day and they never bark.