- Erin R. Gallo, 34, 38155 Claire Dr., Lisbon, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a four-vehicle crash on East State Street at 4:05 p.m. Wednesday in which she was westbound near Highland Avenue and struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Maren N. Rankin, 19, Columbiana, and causing a chain reaction. No injuries were reported.
- Ian M. Iagulli, 208 Rose Ave. 2W, Salem, was arrested for assault and criminal damaging after officers responded to a reported fight in the 2800 block of East State Street at 11:42 p.m. Friday where witnesses said he had assaulted a man and slashed the tires of a woman's vehicle. First Responders arrived to treat a visible injury to the victim's eye. Iagullia was apprehended a short time later by another responding officer.
- Pearly M. Fowler, 46, 1364 Jefferson Ave., Salem, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a two-vehicle crash on Aetna Street at 3:29 p.m. Friday in which she was eastbound near South Lincoln Avenue and allegedly struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Janet L. Smith, 73, Salem, who had stopped to allow a westbound vehicle pass a legally parked lawn care trailer in the westbound lane. Fowler was treated for possible injuries at the scene. Smith was transported to the Salem Community Hospital for non life-threatening injuries.
- A South Range Road resident at 7:48 a.m. Saturday dropped off at the station a purse he found in a parking lot in the 500 block of East Pershing Street. The purse will be kept in the dispatch area at the station until claimed.
- A Rose Avenue resident reported at 12:29 p.m. Saturday that a man he knows had been walking by the home and making inappropriate comments toward juveniles playing the area.
- A Hanoverton resident reported at 12:47 p.m. Saturday that someone stole his cell phone while at a bank in the 2800 block of East State Street.
- A 200 block Washington Avenue resident reported at 12:49 p.m. Saturday that someone apparently on the afternoon of April 30 someone entered through a window and stole cash as well as video games and equipment.
- A 1300 South Lincoln Avenue resident reported at 1:18 p.m. Saturday that a taxi driver had been traveling at an excessively high speed. The officer said he would follow up with the cab company.
- Michael P. Souers, 25, 760 E. Pershing St., Salem, was arrested for domestic violence at 1:39 p.m. Saturday after his mother reported Souers had struck his brother in the eye during an altercation at the home.
- An officer responded to an unattended fire in the 1000 block of North Lincoln Avenue at 2:49 p.m. Saturday. Neighbors said the person responsible had left for the evening. The officer left a warning note on the person's chair. The fire department responded to extinguish the fire.
- An officer responded to a report of a child on a roof in the 600 block of East Seventh Street at 3:27 p.m. Saturday and found an 11-year-old boy with his father. The father was advised of the complaint.
- An officer responded to a domestic disturbance in the 200 block of West Wilson Street at 3:30 p.m. Saturday and found it to be a verbal dispute between a man and a woman. Neither wished to pursue charges against the other.
- Barbara Chamberlain reported at 10:16 a.m. Saturday some kids were running into East Washington Street approaching cars and swinging a tree branch at them as they passed.
- Police responded to a burglar alarm at Specialty Employment and Retirement Center at 7 p.m. Saturday. The building was secured and no problems were found.