Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS


May 13, 2013
Salem News

Salem reports

- Police responded to the 6000 block of Jennings Avenue at 9:17 a.m. Sunday and spoke to a man in reference to a case pending against another man who allegedly assaulted him and wanted him arrested. He was advised that couldn't happen without a warrant and the case is most likely being reviewed by the county prosecutor.

- Police received a report of damage at the duck pond at 9:10 a.m. Sunday. A carriage was knocked over and a sign thrown into the pond. The complainant said he spoke to the parks department and an employee reportedly told him that the portable toilet had been tipped over and that had been fixed.

- Police responded to the 900 block of E. State Street at 9:05 a.m. Sunday for a drive-off but the suspect returned after realizing he didn't pay.

- Police responded to the 700 block of N. Union Avenue at 7:54 a.m. Sunday and charges will be forthcoming after officers located a known man inside the residence who said he had permission to be there by the previous owner who had moved to another state. He said they told him he could take what was left and he did. Officers learned he didn't have permission to be there and possible criminal trespassing charges are pending of statements from the previous owner.

- Police responded to the 500 block of E. 4th Street at 1:25 p.m. Saturday to speak to a person who left the hospital with an IV still attached. She was not home.

- Police responded to the 400 block of E. 3rd Street at 12:55 a.m. Sunday where witnesses said the resident made comments about harming herself and she was transported to the hospital.

- Police responded to the 100 block of W. Pershing Street at 1:29 a.m. Sunday where the complainant advised the upstair's neighbor showed up at his apartment calling himself and his wife vulgar names and damaging the aluminum front screen door by kicking it in. Statements were taken and police advised the man of the complaint but he denied it. The report will be forwarded to the county prosecutor's office for review.

- Police received a complaint on station at 1:56 a.m. Sunday from a complainant who believed his juvenile daughter was at a residence in the city. He had been in contact with the juvenile division and was advised of the options. At 3:39 a.m. the complainant was trying to locate his daughter at a residence and several male subjects fled the residence. Police were unable to locate anyone.

- Tommy L. McMillen, 1341 Fairview Avenue, was charged with OVI, reckless operation and speeding after police made a traffic stop for numerous violations at Franklin Avenue and Reilly Avenue at 2:15 a.m. Sunday.

- Police made a traffic stop at 2:32 a.m. Sunday at Centennial Park and E. Pershing Street for an equipment violation and charged Courtney M. Orr with driving under suspension.

- While on patrol at 4:13 a.m. Sunday on N. Ellsworth Avenue and 7th Street police observed a person in the middle of the road with his hands up in the air. While approaching closer the person fled on foot and police observed two subjects running up the steps to an apartment in the 700 block of N. Ellsworth Avenue A 17-year-old still outside was arrested for delinquency along with six others and one adult. They were released to a parent and Paul J. Taylor, 737 N. Ellsworth Avenue was released on recognizance bond after being charged with obstructing official business.

- Police responded to the 900 block of E. State Street where a motorist drove off in a maroon Eclipse without paying for $39.89 in gas. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.

- Police responded to the 2200 block of E. State Street at 8:23 p.m. Saturday where the complainant advised that between 12:35 p.m. and 7:35 p.m. Saturday someone took her wallet from her locker at the business. Someone used her Elite paycheck card at an ATM and took $220 and there was $450 in cash in her wallet. Information was gathered.

- Police responded to the 800 block of Southeast Boulevard at 10:10 p.m. Saturday for a report of a man with a gun that turned out to be a BB gun. Police advised the people with the BB gun of the complaint.

- Albert Baker of 565 Franklin Avenue was observed walking on S. Lundy Avenue near Franklin Avenue at 8:31 p.m. Saturday. Police were aware of an outstanding warrant out on him from Columbiana County for failure to appear for a domestic violence charge. He was taken into custody and transported to the county jail.

- Police responded to the 400 block of Aetna Street at 7:44 p.m. where a juvenile advised of being assaulted by an unknown male. Police obtained security camera footage and are actively looking for two male suspects in a blue, two-door Pontiac Sunfire. The incident is under investigation.


- A clerk at Smith Oil reported Jay Farrow was bothering customers at 8:34 p.m. Saturday. The clerk said Farrow had been asking customers for cigarettes and money, which he has done before despite being told to stop. The situation was explained to Farrow, who was warned he could be arrested for disorderly conduct if this sort of behavior continues. Farrow assured the officers he did not want to go to jail and left.

- The front-door motion alarm went off at the county mental health center at 10:23 p.m. Saturday, and police found the front door open. They checked the building and it was found secure.

- Courtney Orr, East Lincoln Way, called at 4:12 a.m. Sunday to report lending her pickup truck to Timothy Crowe several weeks ago and he has yet to return it, despite repeated text messages from her to do so. The officer contacted Crowe, who said Orr signed the title over to him and he was going to transfer the title on Monday.

- Joe Morenz reported finding an oxygen tank at the car wash on North Market Street at 9:40 a.m. Sunday.

- Barbara Chamberlain reported Sunday her mother's home on East Washington Street had been egged.

- Police were called to a domestic dispute on North Beaver Street at 11:35 a.m. Sunday, where he was told that Amber Wilson had just left. The officer spoke with her boyfriend, Chris Thompson, who said they had been arguing and nothing more, but she left because of a no-contact court order. Thompson said he had someone from Toronto coming to pick him up.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web